Welcome to the Department of Student Leadership & Involvement (SLI)
View the SLI Vision and Mission
SLI is a diverse program comprised of several areas which include:
The Center for Leadership Development : Our Center is committed to leadership education that promotes positive social change, servant leadership, and personal growth.
Center for Fraternity & Sorority Life
- Fraternity & Sorority Leadership and Chapter/Colony/Interest Group Development
- Support, resources, reports, services, programs, and consultation for Greek-letter organizations
- Oversee all major Greek-wide programs
Student Events & Activities Center (SEAC) : The SEAC is dedicated to creating community through activities and programming.
Student Lead University Programs:
SLI Vision & Mission
Vision, Mission & Goals
Engaged for a Better Self and a Better World...
The Department of Student Leadership & Involvement supports students and student groups by providing opportunities for leadership development and campus community involvement.
Student Leadership & Involvement provides opportunities for Oregon State University students to engage in shaping a better self and a better world.
We create meaningful and diverse opportunities for leadership development and involvement experiences that cultivate positive social change.
- To provide and support meaningful and diverse experiences that foster personal, group, and community-wide development.
- To bring awareness to social issues, promote civic engagement, and develop the capacity to lead in creating positive change.
We are guided by the following Values/Committments
- Concurrent with the mission of Oregon State University, we strive to contribute to society's intellectual, cultural, spiritual, and economic progress and well-being to the maximum possible extent.
- Our primary objective is to support the success of students.
- Development of individual identity, organizational effectiveness, and positive social change are intimately intertwined.
- Experiential learning is at the core of the co-curriculum.
- Involvement and leadership activities take many shapes and forms which honor the diversity of our university community.
- Community matters – success is defined by a whole and diverse community.
- Leadership is about doing something that matters.
- Leadership happens at all levels of an organization.Development of individual identity, organizational effectiveness, and positive social change are intimately intertwined.
- Positive social change is purpose driven, community based, and intensely personal.