October 1, 2003
Ken Winograd (chair), Mark Edwards, Bob Rost, Barbara Gartner, Adam Taylor, Mo Healey,
Linda Ashkenas, Melody Putman, Dianne Erickson
Karyle Butcher (ex-officio)
Bonnie Allen (guest)
Kevin Bokay (Admin Assistant)
- Welcome and Introductions
- Dates/times for future meetings:
- 30 Oct 03, 3:30-5pm
- 2 Dec 03, 3:30-5pm
- 6 Jan 04, 3:30-5pm
- 3 Feb 04, 3:30-5pm
- 2 Mar 04, 3:30-5pm
- 8 Apr 04, 3:30-5pm
- 4 May 04, 3:30-5p
- Review and discussion of the committee's purpose.
- The committee reviewed the standing rules.
- No changes were suggested.
- Consideration of committee's agenda for the year
- Expanding access to literary materials and services-broaden
- Broaden definition of what collections are, eg. plant pathology.
- Discern where collections are deep/shallow. That is, what are our weak
collections and what can the committee do to help.
- Where are we deficient in core collections?
- Look at webpage development, possibly a briefing from Mary Caughey
of the web group.
- How does the library serve the statewides?
- How does library administration work? What issues is the library
- Tutorial from someone in CCD selection.
- Library as portal for all digital information found being developed on
- Discuss the university's strategic plan.
- Other issues. Bonnie Allen would like someone to assist in library research travel
Notes by Kevin Bokay