May 29, 2003
Review and approve minutes from last meeting.
- Update on library's position in university structure in light of "path of
distinction" plan that has emerged from the OSU 2007 process:
"The University Library, headed by the University Librarian, will separate from Information
Services and report to the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs, effective July 2003, with a
charge to improve principally through private resources the quality and value of library
services such that OSU qualifies for national recognition by 2007-08, such as by the Associated
Research Libraries or another appropriate entity. The library will be served by a management
council and business center shared with other units."
- Update on shared collections with U. of O.
- Discuss the kind of information the library needs on faculty and student use of
services and facilities. Discuss methods for obtaining that information,
especially if there is anything needed beyond the current Library User
Survey led by Bonnie Allen.
- Discuss role and goals of FS Library Committee next year - ideas for next
- Thanks to 'term-limited' members and student member of the committee.