February 16, 2010
Drinkward Conference Room (#4960), Valley Library
Proposed OSU/UO Collaboration Agreement
- Approve minutes from last meeting
- Info on Resources website for the FSLC
- Update from Lee Sherman on Open Access Subcommittee
- Update from Jennifer Nutefall on Undergraduate Research Awards, planning for the 2nd floor learning commons, and assessment program
- Update from Faye Chadwell on scholarly communications work and collaborative opportunities related to managing collections
- Discussion of proposal to allow UO faculty the same on-site library privileges as OSU faculty (details below)-Karyle Butcher and Cheryl Middleton
- We will give each other's faculty checkout access to any items that we give to our own, and at the same loan period and fine structure.
- We will not provide Interlibrary Loan privileges to each other's faculty.
- We will provide Summit borrowing to each others' faculty so they can pick up their Summit items at either location. (They just have to remember which record they used to make the request, just like any other Summit Visiting Patron.)
- While our report addressed site-to-site borrowing via ILL, this isn't specifically included just yet as a service. Let's agree that if any faculty wants something via ILL that the other site wouldn't normally lend via ILL, we'll contact the collection manager.