Academic Standing Committee
Meetings are held in the Registrar's Conference Room, 102 Kerr Administration Building, unless otherwise noted. Because meetings are subject to change, contact the Registrar's Office, 541-737-4331, to verify meeting dates.
Suspended students who are considering filing a Request for Exception to Academic Regulation 22 should meet with the head advisor of their college to discuss their options. The preparation process generally requires several days; students should allow sufficient time before the ASC meeting to gather and prepare all materials. The Academic Standing Committee will meet with all students who initiate their appeal by submitting their Petition for Exception to the Reinstatement Regulations to the Registrar's Office by the appropriate deadline to initiate an appeal indicated below. Students also must submit a complete packet of materials by the deadline specified for each meeting. Students may request an appointment with ASC only when they have submitted a complete packet of documents (in addition to the Petition, this includes the student's letter, the advisor's letter, three terms of projected schedule, the learning contract, and any supplementary documentation).
Reinstatement for Summer Term 2014
See the individual meeting deadlines below to initiate an appeal for reinstatement for Summer 2014 term. To secure a place on the meeting docket, a student also must
file a complete packet by the filing deadline indicated for the meeting..
Reinstatement for Fall Term 2014
- Wednesday, May 21, 2014, 1 to 5 pm (filing deadline, May 20, noon) (week 8 of Spring term)
- Wednesday, June18, 2014 1 to 5 pm (filing deadline, June 17, noon) (zero week of Summer term)
- Wednesday, July 9, 2014, 1 to 5 pm (filing deadline, July 8, noon) (week 3 of Summer term)
- Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 1 to 5 pm (filing deadline, July 22, noon) (week 5 of Summer term)
Wednesday, September 17, 2014, at 5 p.m., is the deadline to initiate an appeal for reinstatement for Fall 2014 term. If the student initiates their appeal after this
deadline, and if all of the meeting dockets are filled, the student must wait for a meeting later in the fall term (for Winter 2015 reinstatement). To secure a place on
the meeting docket, a student also must file a complete packet by the filing deadline indicated for the meeting.
- Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 1 to 5 pm (filing deadline, August 19, noon) (week 9 of Summer term) ~ CANCELED
- Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 1 to 5 pm (filing deadline, Sept. 9, noon) (first break week before start of Fall 2014 (9/29/2014)
- Wednesday, Sept. 17, 2014, 1 to 5 pm (filing deadline, Sept. 16, noon) (second break week before start of Fall 2014)
- Thursday, Sept. 18, 2014, 1 to 5 pm (filing deadline, Sept. 17, noon)
- Friday, Sept. 19, 2014, 1 to 5 pm (filing deadline, Sept. 18, noon)
- Monday, Sept 22, 2014, 1 to 5 pm (only if needed, please check with Registrar’s Office) (week before start of Fall 2014)