FACULTY SENATE AGENDA
A. ACTION ITEMS
- Thursday, March 8, 2012
- 3:00-5:00 PM
- Construction & Engineering Hall
LaSells Stewart Center
B. SPECIAL REPORTS
- Category I Proposal – Mike Bailey, Curriculum Council Chair, will present for approval the following Category I proposal:
- Undergraduate Certificate in Food in Culture and Social Justice (Category I: New Undergraduate Certificate Program) – CPS #81331 (the proposal is
attached as a PDF and
C. INTERINSTITUTIONAL FACULTY SENATE REPORT
- University Relations and Marketing
Steve Clark, Vice President for University Relations and Marketing, will outline his role and the activities of the units reporting to him.
- Commission on Intercollegiate Athletics Report
Andy Ungerer will provide a report on the recent COIA annual meeting.
- University Ombuds
Sue Theiss, University Ombuds, will provide an overview of her position.
D. INFORMATION ITEMS
- Kate Hunter-Zaworski will present a recap of the March IFS meeting.
E. REPORT FROM AND DIALOG WITH THE PROVOST
- Awards Solicitation
The Faculty Recognition and Awards Committee is accepting nominations for the awards listed below; information regarding these awards is
online; nominations will be accepted through April 6, 2012. For further information,
contact Vickie Nunnemaker.
- Richard M. Bressler Senior Faculty Teaching Award
- International Service Award
- D. Curtis Mumford Faculty Service Award
- OSU Academic Advising Award
- OSU Alumni Association Distinguished Professor Award
- OSU Faculty Teaching Excellence Award
- OSU Impact Award for Outstanding Scholarship
- OSU Professional Faculty Excellence Award
- Outstanding Faculty Research Assistant Award
- Promising Scholar Award
- Dar Reese Excellence in Advising Award
- Elizabeth P. Ritchie Distinguished Professor Award
- Student Learning and Success Teamwork Award
F. REPORT FROM AND DIALOG WITH THE FACULTY SENATE PRESIDENT
- Becky Warner, Senior Vice President of Academic Affairs 10 min
G. NEW BUSINESS
- President Kate Hunter-Zaworski
IN ORDER TO PROPERLY RECORD MINUTES OF THE SENATE MEETING,
ALL SENATORS ARE REMINDED TO IDENTIFY THEMSELVES
AND THEIR SENATE AFFILIATION WHEN RISING TO SPEAK.
Please recycle printed agendas