FACULTY SENATE AGENDA
- Thursday, April 14, 2011
- 3:00-5:00 PM
- Construction & Engineering Hall
LaSells Stewart Center
The agenda for the April Senate meeting will include the reports and other items of business listed below.
- REPORT FROM AND DIALOGUE WITH THE CHANCELLOR
Chancellor George Pernsteiner will report on OUS activities and respond to questions from Senators.
- ACTION ITEMS
- Proposed Revisions to Academic Regulations
Dodi Reesman, Academic Regulations Committee Chair, will present for approval proposed revisions to the below Academic Regulations and creation of additional policies:
- AR 13 d. Withdrawal From the University
- AR 20 Repeated Courses
- Proposal for Degrees with Distinction
- Proposal for an Undergraduate Research/Arts Fellow Honor Distinction
- Proposal for a Dissertation/Thesis
- Promotion & Tenure Revisions
Michelle Kutzler, Promotion and Tenure Committee member, will present for approval proposed revisions to the Procedural Guidelines for Promotion and Tenure.
- Graduate Council Recommendations
Theresa Filtz, Graduate Council chair, will present for approval Graduate Learning Outcomes (GLOs) for Masters Degrees.
- SPECIAL REPORT
- Budget Update
Walt Loveland, University Budget Committee chair, will present a report of the Joint Task Force of the University Budget Committee and Faculty Senate Budgets & Fiscal Planning Committee related to Howard Bunsis’ presentation.
- INFORMATION ITEMS
- Promotion and Tenure Forums
Two Promotion and Tenure Forums have been jointly scheduled by Academic Affairs and the Faculty Senate Promotion and Tenure Committee to give participants an overview of the promotion and tenure (P&T) process/guidelines. The first forum will focus on faculty members who are going up for promotion and/or tenure in the near future. The second forum will be designed for department heads and chairs, as well as chairs of department and/or college level P&T committees. All faculty and staff are welcome to attend either of the sessions if interested. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate which forum you plan to attend.
April 21, 2011 ~ 1:00 – 2:30 PM ~ MU 208: La Raza Room
May 6th, 2011 ~ 9:00 – 10:30 AM ~ MU 208: La Raza Room
- Committee Interest Form
All faculty and staff are encouraged to volunteer to serve on university and/or Faculty Senate committees/council for 2011-12. The Committee Interest Form is online at http://oregonstate.edu/senate/committees/forms/cif/2011/; forms must be submitted by April 25 for requests to be considered.
- Faculty Sessions with President Ray
Faculty are invited to participate in a small group session with President Ray on either April 26 from 1:00-2:30 or May 26 from 3:00-4:30. To register, access the online form at https://secure.oregonstate.edu/facultysenate/reg/ray/ and insert the requested information. Each conversation will be facilitated by a Faculty Senate Executive Committee member and will consist of up to 12 faculty. This s an opportunity for the president to hear what faculty are thinking and experiencing.
- Category I Approvals
The campus community should take appropriate action to update their records to reflect approval of the following OSU Category I proposals by Provost and Executive Vice President Sabah Randhawa on February 4, 2011.
- Degree rename: from MS, MF, PhD in Forest Science to MS, MF, PhD in Forest Ecosystems and Society; effective Winter 2011
- Department merge and rename: MS, MF, PhD in Forest Engineering and MS, MF, PhD in Forest Resources to MS, MF, PhD in Sustainable Forest Management; effective Winter 2011
- REPORT FROM AND DIALOG WITH THE PROVOST
Sabah Randhawa, Provost & Executive Vice President
- REPORT FROM AND DIALOG WITH THE FACULTY SENATE PRESIDENT
President Jack Higginbotham
- NEW BUSINESS
IN ORDER TO PROPERLY RECORD MINUTES OF THE SENATE MEETING,
ALL SENATORS ARE REMINDED TO IDENTIFY THEMSELVES
AND THEIR SENATE AFFILIATION WHEN RISING TO SPEAK.
Please recycle printed agendas