FACULTY SENATE AGENDA
- Thursday, March 10, 2011
- 3:00-5:00 PM
- Construction & Engineering Hall
LaSells Stewart Center
The agenda for the March Senate meeting will include the reports and other items of business listed below.
- ACTION ITEMS
- OUS Governance Proposal Resolution
Faculty Senate President Jack Higginbotham will present an OUS Governance Proposal resolution related to SB242.
- DISCUSSION ITEM
- Review of Category I Process
Faculty Senate President Jack Higginbotham will provide an overview of the Category I process.
- INTERINSTITUTIONAL FACULTY SENATE REPORT
IFS Senator, Joan Gross will present a brief recap of the March IFS meeting.
- INFORMATION ITEMS
- Promotion and Tenure Forums
An overview of the promotion and tenure (P&T) process/guidelines will be presented on both April 21 from 1:00-2:30 PM and May 6 from 9:00-10:30 – both sessions will be in MU 208. The first forum will focus on faculty members who are going up for promotion and/or tenure in the near future. The second forum will be designed for department heads and chairs, as well as chairs of department and/or college level P&T committees. All faculty and staff are welcome to attend either of the sessions. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate which forum you plan on attending. For your reference, the P&T guidelines can be found at http://oregonstate.edu/facultystaff/handbook/promo.html.
- Awards Solicitation
The Faculty Recognition and Awards Committee is accepting nominations for the below awards; for further information, contact Vickie Nunnemaker at email@example.com. Information regarding the below awards is online at http://oregonstate.edu/senate/awards/nom/; nominations will be accepted through April 1, 2011:
- Richard M. Bressler Senior Faculty Teaching Award
- International Service Award
- D. Curtis Mumford Faculty Service Award
- OSU Academic Advising Award
- OSU Alumni Association Distinguished Professor Award
- OSU Faculty Teaching Excellence Award
- OSU Impact Award for Outstanding Scholarship
- OSU Professional Faculty Excellence Award
- Outstanding Faculty Research Assistant Award
- Promising Scholar Award
- Dar Reese Excellence in Advising Award
- Elizabeth P. Ritchie Distinguished Professor Award
- Student Learning and Success Teamwork Award
- REPORT FROM AND DIALOG WITH THE PROVOST
Sabah Randhawa, Provost & Executive Vice President
- REPORT FROM AND DIALOG WITH THE FACULTY SENATE PRESIDENT
President Jack Higginbotham
- NEW BUSINESS
IN ORDER TO PROPERLY RECORD MINUTES OF THE SENATE MEETING,
ALL SENATORS ARE REMINDED TO IDENTIFY THEMSELVES
AND THEIR SENATE AFFILIATION WHEN RISING TO SPEAK.
Please recycle printed agendas