FACULTY SENATE AGENDA
- Thursday, February 10, 2011
- 3:00-5:00 PM
- Construction & Engineering Hall
LaSells Stewart Center
The agenda for the February Senate meeting will include the reports and other items of business listed below.
- ACTION ITEMS
- Category I Proposals
Mike Bailey, Curriculum Council co-chair, will present the following proposals for approval:
- SPECIAL REPORTS
- Legislative Update
Jock Mills, Director of Governmental Relations, will provide a legislative update.
- Student Evaluation of Teaching Task Force
Henri Jansen and Bill Loges, SET members, will present a progress report of the task force's activities. To provide context, two separate links are provided: one to the task force's first report provided in February 2010 and one to the February 2011 presentation.
- DISCUSSION ITEMS
- Senator Communications
President Higginbotham will discuss a Communications Plan to engage communications among both Senators within an apportionment unit and between Senators and constituents.
- INTERINSTITUTIONAL FACULTY SENATE REPORT
Kate Hunter-Zaworski will provide a brief recap of the February IFS meeting.
- INFORMATION ITEMS
- Tenured Faculty Diversity Initiative (TFDI) - Call for Proposals
The Tenured Faculty Diversity Initiative (TFDI) is designed to help enhance racial and ethnic diversity at OSU through hires that promote positive changes to the academic climate. The complete description of the TFDI and the guidelines for submitting a proposal can be found online at: http://oregonstate.edu/admin/aa/faculty/diversity.html. Proposals are due in Academic Affairs by April 15, 2011.
- Awards Solicitation
The Faculty Recognition and Awards Committee is accepting nominations for the below awards; for further information, contact Vickie Nunnemaker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information regarding the below awards is online at http://oregonstate.edu/senate/awards/nom/; nominations will be accepted through April 1, 2011:
- Richard M. Bressler Senior Faculty Teaching Award
- International Service Award
- D. Curtis Mumford Faculty Service Award
- OSU Academic Advising Award
- OSU Alumni Association Distinguished Professor Award
- OSU Faculty Teaching Excellence Award
- OSU Impact Award for Outstanding Scholarship
- OSU Professional Faculty Excellence Award
- Outstanding Faculty Research Assistant Award
- Promising Scholar Award
- Dar Reese Excellence in Advising Award
- Elizabeth P. Ritchie Distinguished Professor Award
- Student Learning and Success Teamwork Award
- REPORT FROM AND DIALOG WITH THE PROVOST
- REPORT FROM AND DIALOG WITH THE FACULTY SENATE PRESIDENT
President Jack Higginbotham
- NEW BUSINESS
IN ORDER TO PROPERLY RECORD MINUTES OF THE SENATE MEETING,
ALL SENATORS ARE REMINDED TO IDENTIFY THEMSELVES
AND THEIR SENATE AFFILIATION WHEN RISING TO SPEAK.
Please recycle printed agendas