FACULTY SENATE AGENDA
- Thursday, February 11, 2010
- 3:00-5:00 PM
- Construction & Engineering Hall
LaSells Stewart Center
The agenda for the February Senate meeting will include the reports and other items of business listed below.
- ACTION ITEM
- Promotion and Tenure Guideline Revisions
Jim Liburdy, Promotion and Tenure Committee Chair, will present for approval proposed revisions to the Promotion and Tenure Guidelines.
- SPECIAL REPORT
- International Programs Update
Chris Bell, OSU INTO Academic Program Director, and Becky Warner, Vice Provost for Academic Affairs and International Programs, will provide an update on OSU INTO and International Programs.
- COMMITTEE REPORT
- Student Evaluation of Teaching Task Force
Bill Loges, Student Evaluation of Teaching Task Force member, will provide an update of the task force activities, discuss future plans and announce forums for faculty and students.
- INFORMATION ITEMS
- SET Task Force Forums
The Student Evaluation of Teaching (SET) Task Force has scheduled the following open forums:
- Faculty Forums
- February 16, 4:00-5:30 PM - 212 Kearney Hall
- February 24, 4:00-5:30 PM - 1001 Kelley
- Student Forum
- February 17, 4:00-5:30 - 153 Weniger Hall
- Awards Solicitation
The Faculty Recognition and Awards Committee is accepting nominations for the below awards; for further information, contact Vickie Nunnemaker.
- Information regarding the below awards is online at; nominations will be accepted through March 1, 2010:
- Richard M. Bressler Senior Faculty Teaching Award
- International Service Award
- D. Curtis Mumford Faculty Service Award
- OSU Academic Advising Award
- OSU Alumni Association Distinguished Professor Award
- OSU Faculty Teaching Excellence Award
- OSU Impact Award for Outstanding Scholarship
- OSU Professional Faculty Excellence Award
- Outstanding Faculty Research Assistant Award
- Promising Scholar Award
- Dar Reese Excellence in Advising Award
- Elizabeth P. Ritchie Distinguished Professor Award
- Student Learning and Success Teamwork Award
- Baccalaureate Core Revision: Phase II Draft Proposal and Call for Input
The Baccalaureate Core Ad Hoc Review Committee has prepared a Phase II draft proposal for revisions to the implementation of the Core. The committee will be soliciting feedback through various means during Winter term 2010. This feedback will inform final adjustments to the proposal, which will be presented to the Faculty Senate at the May 2010 meeting. Both the Phase II draft proposal and the Phase I Summary Report, which was presented at the June 2009 Meeting of the Faculty Senate, are available at the Faculty Senate website.
- State of the Budget
Information related to OSU's State of the Budget is online.
- Unclassified Employee Furloughs
Information regarding Faculty Furloughs can be found
- Divisional Alignment Forums
Information regarding the scheduled Divisional Alignment Forums is available
- REPORT FROM AND DIALOG WITH THE PROVOST
Sabah Randhawa, Provost & Executive Vice President
- REPORT FROM AND DIALOG WITH THE FACULTY SENATE PRESIDENT
President Leslie Burns
- NEW BUSINESS
IN ORDER TO PROPERLY RECORD MINUTES OF THE SENATE MEETING,
ALL SENATORS ARE REMINDED TO IDENTIFY THEMSELVES
AND THEIR SENATE AFFILIATION WHEN RISING TO SPEAK
Please recycle printed agendas