- About Us
- Student Organization Support
- Upcoming Events
The Student Event & Activity Center is the hub of student organization on the OSU campus and is responsible for providing advice, training and support to student organizations hosting programs on the OSU campus. The Center focuses on creating an environment of learning for students and advisors while promoting a standard of care for student planners, their organizations and the community. There are many components to putting on a successful event; ranging from setting goals, forming committees, identifying partners and resources and creating an action plan. Explore the Beaver Tips below for important information and advice or schedule a consultant with a SEAC Event Specialist or professional to learn about campus policies, regulations and resources available to support the success of your programming efforts.
Beaver Tips - “Cliff Notes” for programming at OSU
Frequently Asked Questions - If you want a quick answer regarding showing movies, serving food, hosting raffles, hiring performers, etc. this is the page for you!
Getting Started - If you are new to planning programs or need a refresher!
• Setting Programming Goals (link to doc)
• Brainstorming (link to doc)
• Identifying available and needed resources (link to doc)
• Identifying partners, co-sponsors, allies and adversaries (link to doc)
• Creating a committee structure
• Setting an Action Plan including a Time-line (link to doc)
Executing your Program
• Day of Event Roles and Action Plan (link to doc)
• Assessment (link to doc)
Report your Event to the University All Sponsored Student Organization Activity and all on-campus Voluntary Student Organization Activity must be reported in advance of the activity.