OSU groups: You are set and will hear back from us for final confirmation as we get closer to the event date. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com. Beflow are the terms and conditions for participation for your review.
External Vendors: You will receive a confirmation email, including an invoice from us soon. Below are the terms and conditions for your review.
GENERAL EVENT RULES AND POLICIES (PDF Copy)
1. Parking. All OSU parking regulations must be adhered to. During the fair, parking in “Student” or “Visitor” spaces is permitted without a permit. Refer to TAPS site for more information at http://parking.oregonstate.edu/.
2. Vendor Booth.
a. Each booth space is 10’ x 10’. OSU will set up each booth with either a 6’ or 8’ table and 2 chairs - tables will be set-up randomly based on supply.
b. Vendors are responsible for clean-up of assigned area and take down of table and chairs at the conclusion of the Event. This includes the removal of all trash and debris from the booth site.
c. Canopies are optional. As OSU does not supply canopies; Vendors are responsible for providing their own. However, if used, canopies shall be secured by weights only. Staking is prohibited.
d. OSU has a limited amount of power available to use at the Event for Vendor’s use. As such, power will be provided only upon prior approval of OSU's designated representative. All Vendor electrical equipment shall be properly wired and shall comply with all City and State laws, rules, and regulations. Any additional costs due to electrical requirements by Vendor shall be the responsibility of Vendor.
e. Vendors intending to use amplified sound at their booth shall obtain prior approval from the Student Events & Activities Center. If granted, OSU reserves the right to revoke such permission from Vendor if at any time during the Event OSU determines, at its sole discretion, such amplified sound is disruptive or inappropriate for the spirit of the Event.
3. Vendors soliciting students to enter into a relationship with an agency for some type of contracted service - i.e. cell phones, bank cards, athletic club memberships, etc. - cannot solicit participation by “giveaways.” Bank card or credit card vendors must also have “Consumer Credit” education available on site.
4. Food Vendors. Food sales at this Event are limited to University Recognized Clubs and Organizations for fundraising purposes only. Vendor’s distribution of beverages at the Event is limited to Pepsi-Cola products only. No beverages other than Pepsi-Cola of Corvallis-provided products will be allowed (except fresh-brewed coffee, tea or cocoa or non-bottled water). Signs or displays featuring other products should not be utilized, or competing logos should be covered or removed. Vendors may provide two to three ounce samples of their line of food product only. All Food Vendors must adhere to Benton County Environmental Health policies.
5. Recyclable Products. Vendors participating at the Event shall use recyclable and/or compostable products to the maximum extent economically feasible.
6. Law Observance. All agents and employees connected with Vendor’s participation in the Event shall abide by, conform to, and comply with all laws of the United States and the State of Oregon, all ordinances of the City of Corvallis, Oregon, and the rules and regulations of the University for its government and management, together with all rules and regulations of the Bureaus of Fire and Police of the City of Corvallis. If Vendor’s attention is called to any violation by Vendor, any of its agents or employees, Vendor shall immediately stop such violation and take necessary steps to prevent further violations. OSU, through its designated representative, reserves the right to eject any objectionable person or persons from the Event, and upon the exercise of this authority, the Vendor waives any and all claims for damages against OSU, its officers, agents and employees.
7. Premises Access. In providing space to Vendors, OSU does not relinquish the rights to control the management of the Event site or to enforce all the necessary and proper rules for the management and operation of the Event.
a. Vendors shall be responsible for all damage to property, injury to persons and loss, expense, inconvenience and delay which may be caused by, or result from, the Vendor’s use of the premises during the Event, or from any act, omission, or neglect of the vendor, its contractors, or employees. If, during the Fair, the premises or any portion of the premises or grounds are damaged by the act or negligence of the vendors or its agents or employees, the Vendor shall pay to OSU, upon demand, such a sum as shall be necessary to restore the premises to their original condition.
b. OSU assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any property placed in the premises and OSU, its officers, agents and employees are hereby expressly-relieved and discharged from any and all liability for any loss, injury or damages to persons or property that may be sustained by reason of occupancy of the premises, grounds, or any part thereof.
c. Any decision affecting any matter not herein expressly provided for shall rest solely within the discretion of OSU’s designated representative. Vendors shall abide by all policies of the premises, which are available to vendor by request.
d. The Vendor shall save, defend, hold harmless and indemnify the State of Oregon, OSU, and its officers, directors, agents and employees from and against claims, suits, actions, losses, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses of any nature whatsoever (“claims”) resulting from, arising out of, or relating to the negligent acts or omissions of the Vendor, its officers, employees or agents during the Fair.
e. Based on intended activity during the fair – as reported through registration for the event - Vendors may be required to obtain, at Vendor's expense, and keep in effect during the duration of the Fair, General Liability Insurance. General Liability shall include contractual, product, and completed operations liability with limits not less than $1,000,000, combined single limit. OSU their officers, employees and agents shall be included as additional insured in said insurance policy.