O.H. Hinsdale Wave Research Laboratory
The O.H. Hinsdale Wave Research Laboratory, together with the Coastal and Ocean Engineering Program in the School of Civil and Construction Engineering at Oregon State University, is a leading center for research and education in coastal engineering and nearshore science. Our strengths include:
- A critical mass of faculty specializing in physical and numerical modeling of coastal dynamics
- An interdisciplinary graduate program offering M.S., M.Oc.E. and Ph.D. degrees
- One of the largest and technically most advanced laboratories for coastal research
- Expertise in tsunami and coastal hazard mitigation
At the O.H. Hinsdale Wave Research Laboratory we are committed to providing outstanding research, testing, and education opportunities to improve our understanding and capabilities in coastal and ocean engineering.
We conduct research on a variety of coastal and nearshore processes
- Wave-structure interaction
- Nearshore Hydrodynamics
- Sediment Suspension and Transport
- Tsunami and Coastal Hazards
- Environmental Fluid Mechanics
The faculty and staff at the Wave Research Laboratory and in the Coastal and Engineering Program work in all aspects of coastal science and technology, including Llarge-scale physical modeling, numerical modeling, and field work.