Raffles and Lotteries as Compensation
The use of lotteries and raffles in non-exempt research studies may be permitted if all of the following conditions are met:
- All subjects are at least 18 years of age
- Study participation is not required for entry into the drawing
- Limit 1 drawing per study
- Limit 1 entry per drawing
- Baseline compensation will be provided to all enrolled participants
- Compensation plan does not create the potential for undue inducement
Raffles and lotteries may be used to compensate subjects enrolled in exempt studies without meeting the above listed conditions.
For template language to assist with explaining raffles and lotteries as compensation to participants, please see the IRB consent template for non-exempt studies.
Policy Approved April 9th 2014.