United States – India Education Foundation (USIEF) Obama-Singh 21st Century Knowledge Initiative (OSI)
The Research Office, Incentive Programs is requesting letters of intent for the USIEF – Obama-Singh 21st Century Knowledge Initiative (OSI) – U.S.–India Institutional Partnership Grants program.
Research Office Letter of Intent submission deadline: Monday, August 12, 2013 by 5:00 PM
The United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF) announces an open competition for the support of projects through the Obama – Singh 21st Century Knowledge Initiative (OSI). Announced by the US and Indian governments, OSI aims to strengthen collaboration and build partnerships between American and Indian institutions of higher education. Accredited US post-secondary educational institutions meeting the provisions described in Internal Revenue Code section 26 U.S.C. 501c(3) may submit proposals to support the program’s goals of encouraging mutual understanding, facilitating educational reform, fostering economic development, and engaging civil society through academic cooperation with Indian post-secondary educational institutions.
Exchange activities may include but are not limited to curriculum design, research collaboration, team teaching, focused series of exchanges, seminars, among other activities. Activities should be designed to develop expertise, advance scholarship and teaching, and promote long-term ties between partner institutions.
Proposals in the following fields are eligible: Energy, Climate Change & Environmental Studies; Education & Educational Reform; Public Health; and Sustainable Development & Community Development.
Limit Summary: USIEF will only accept one proposal per institution.
In an effort to provide the highest level of excellence and viability for funding, a review process will be put in place if more than one proposal is submitted. The finalist will be asked to represent Oregon State University and to submit their proposal to the USIEF by the November 1, 2013 deadline.
Information: Debbie Delmore at email@example.com or (541) 737-8390
Guidance for preparation of Letters of Intent to the Research Office:
- Title of Project
- USIEF Program Title
- PI/Co-PI(s), Department and College
- Description of project objectives
- Description of partnership activities and the relationship between the project activities and program objectives
- Description of anticipated benefits of the project as a whole for each U.S. and Indian participating institution
- Detailed budget being requested from USIEF (limit one page)
- Biosketch for PI (limit two pages)
- Letters of intent are limited to six pages (including budget and biosketch, single spaced, 12 pt. font)
- Submit electronically as a MS Word or PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org