Sustainable Energy Pathways (SEP) 2012
The Incentive Funds Program in the Research Office is requesting Letters of Intent for the National Science Foundation – Sustainable Energy Pathways (SEP) Competition.
Research Office Letter of Intent submission deadline: Friday, December 9, 2011
Information: Debbie Delmore at firstname.lastname@example.org or (541) 737-8390
Limit Summary: Eligible institutions may submit no more than three (3) proposals as the lead organization in response to this solicitation for FY 2012.
In an effort to provide the highest level of excellence and viability for funding, a review process will be put in place if more than three (3) proposals are submitted. The finalists will be asked to represent Oregon State University and to submit their proposals to the NSF-SEP competition.
Sustainable Energy Pathways is part of the NSF-wide initiative on Science, Engineering, and Education for Sustainability (SEES). The Sustainable Energy Pathways solicitation calls for innovative, interdisciplinary basic research in science, engineering, and education by teams of researchers for developing systems approaches to sustainable energy pathways based on a comprehensive understanding of the scientific, technical, environmental, economic, and societal issues.
NSF Full Proposal Due Date: February 1, 2012
Guidance for preparation of Letter of Intent to the Research Office:
- Title of Project
- NSF Program Title
- Project Description
- Brief description of the Vision for the proposed SEP
- Brief description of how the project integrates the natural sciences and engineering
- Management plan including:
- Roles, qualifications, and synergy of the multi-disciplinary team
- Leadership structure
- Integration of the proposed activities among members of the team
- Detailed Budget being requested from NSF – limit one (1) page
- Standard NSF style biosketch for PI (limit 2 pages)
- Letters of intent are limited to eight (8) pages (including budget page and biosketch) – 12 pt. font
- Be submitted electronically as a MSWord or PDF document to: email@example.com