Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Talent Expansion Program (STEP)
National Science Foundation – Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Talent Expansion Program (STEP)
The Incentive Funds Program in the Research Office is requesting Letters of Intent for the National Science Foundation - Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Talent Expansion Program (NSF-STEP).
Research Office Letter of Intent submission deadline: Monday, August 15, 2011
Information: Debbie Delmore at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-737-8390
Limit Summary: Type 1 – An institution is allowed to submit only one (1) proposal or to be part of only one consortium submitting a Type 1 proposal.
Type 2 – There are no restriction on the number of proposals that an individual or organization may submit
In an effort to provide the highest level of excellence and viability for funding, a review process will be put in place if more than one Type 1 proposal is submitted. The finalist will be asked to represent Oregon State University and to submit their proposal to the NSF-STEP program.
The STEP seeks to increase the number of students receiving associate or baccalaureate degrees in established or emerging fields within science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). Type 1 proposals are solicited that provide for full implementation efforts at academic institutions.
Type 2 proposals are solicited that support educational research projects on associate or baccalaureate degree attainment in STEM.
NSF Full Proposal Deadline: September 27, 2011
Guidance for preparation of Letter of Intent to the Research Office:
- Title of Project
- Type of Project (Type 1A or Type 1B)
- Project Description
- Brief description on proposed activities
- Brief description of reasons that working toward an increase in number of student graduating in STEM areas is compatible with the institution’s mission
- Brief statement of the overall vision that underlies the institution’s management and implementation plan to increase the numbers of student graduating in STEM areas
- Brief description of specific strategies to be used during the grant period to increase the number of student graduating in STEM fields
- Type 1B – include a brief description of significantly new directions in which the project will be heading, the rational for choosing these new directions, and the relationship between the previous project and the proposed project
- Detailed Budget being requested from NSF – limit one (1) page
- Letters of intent are limited to five (5) pages (including budget page)
- Be submitted electronically as a MS Word or PDF document to: email@example.com