Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Talent Expansion Program (STEP) – Type 1
The Research Office, Incentive Programs is requesting letters of intent for the National Science Foundation (NSF) - Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Talent Expansion Program (NSF-STEP) – Type 1.
Research Office Letter of Intent submission deadline: Monday, September 23, 2013 (5:00 pm)
The STEP program seeks to increase the number of students receiving associate or baccalaureate degrees in established or emerging fields within science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). Type 1 proposals are solicited that provide for full implementation efforts at academic institutions. Type 2 proposals are solicited that support educational research projects on associate or baccalaureate degree attainment in STEM.
Limit Summary: Type 1 – An institution is allowed to submit only one proposal or to be part of only one consortium submitting a Type 1 proposal.
Type 2 – There are no restrictions on the number of proposals that an individual or organization may submit.
In an effort to provide the highest level of excellence and viability for funding, a review process will be put in place if more than one Type 1 proposal is submitted. The finalist will be asked to represent Oregon State University and to submit their proposal to the NSF-STEP program by the December 3, 2013 NSF deadline.
Information: Debbie Delmore at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-737-8390
Guidance for preparation of Letter of Intent to the Research Office:
- Title of Project
- NSF Program Title
- Type of Project (Type 1A or Type 1B)
- PI/Co-PI(s), Department and College
- Project Description
- Brief description on proposed activities
- Brief description of reasons that working toward an increase in number of student graduating in STEM areas is compatible with the institution’s mission
- Brief statement of the overall vision that underlies the institution’s management and implementation plan to increase the numbers of student graduating in STEM areas
- Brief description of specific strategies to be used during the grant period to increase the number of student graduating in STEM fields
- Type 1B – include a brief description of significantly new directions in which the project will be heading, the rational for choosing these new directions, and the relationship between the previous project and the proposed project
- Broader Impacts
- Detailed Budget being requested from NSF (limit one page)
- Standard NSF style biosketch for PI (limit two pages)
- Letters of intent are limited to six pages (including budget and biosketch, single spaced, 12 pt. font)
- Submit electronically as a MS Word or PDF document to: email@example.com