Opportunities for Enhancing Diversity in the Geosciences (OEDG) – Track 2
The Research Office, Incentive Programs is requesting letters of intent for the National Science Foundation (NSF) - Opportunities for enhancing Diversity in the Geosciences (OEDG) Track 2 Program.
Research Office Letter of Intent submission deadline: Monday, July 30, 2012 by 5:00 PM
The OEDG Program is designed to address the fact that certain groups are underrepresented in the geosciences relative to the proportions in the general population. The primary goal of the OEDG Program is to increase participation in the geosciences by African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Native Americans (American Indians and Alaskan Natives), Native Pacific Islanders (Polynesians or Micronesians), and persons with disabilities. A secondary goal of the program is to increase the perceived relevance of the geosciences among broad and diverse segments of the population.
Track 2: Full-Scale Projects - This Track supports longer-term activities that will identify and promote pathways to geosciences careers among members of underrepresented groups. It is expected that Track 2 proposals will establish programs that are sustainable without additional OEDG funding.
Limit Summary: Institutions may submit only one Track 2 proposal as either the Lead Institution of a Collaborative Proposal or the sole submitting organization. Institutions may participate as a non-Lead Institution for additional Collaborative Proposals submitted to Track 2.
In an effort to provide the highest level of excellence and viability for funding, a review process will be put in place if more than one proposal is submitted. The finalist will be asked to represent Oregon State University and to submit their proposal to the NSF – OEDG program by the NSF deadline for letters of intent of September 3, 2012.
Information: Debbie Delmore at email@example.com or 541-737-8390
Guidance for preparation of Letter of Intent to the Research Office:
- Title of Project
- NSF Program Title
- PI/Co-PI, Department, and College
- Project Description
- Goals and objectives
- Project plan (what will be done during the project
- Expected outcomes
- Brief description of the results of evaluation of prior, related project(s) that can be used to demonstrate that the proposed project has a high probability of success.
- Detailed budget being requested from NSF – limit one page
- Standard NSF style biosketch for PI (limit two pages, single spaced, 12 pt. font)
- Letters of Intent are limited to six pages (including budget and biosketch, single spaced, 12 pt. font)
- Submit electronically as a MSWord or PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org