Online Resource Center for Ethics Education in Science and Engineering (ORCEESE)
The Research Office, Incentive Programs is requesting letters of intent for the National Science Foundation (NSF) – Online Resource Center for ethics Education in Science and Engineering (ORCEESE) 2013 program.
Research Office Letter of Intent submission deadline: Friday, May 17, 2013
Synopsis of Program:
The ORCEESE program will fund one five-year award (2014-2018) to collect and curate multi-media materials (including research findings, pedagogical materials, and promising practices) for an online, state-of-the-art resource center that will support efforts by scientists and engineers to incorporate ethical issues and reasoning into their pedagogy and research. The team will incorporate strategies and techniques to keep the Ethics Online Resource Center relevant and up to date.
Limit on Number of Proposals per Organization: 1
In an effort to provide the highest level of excellence and viability for funding, a review process will be put in place if more than one proposal is submitted. The finalist will be asked to represent Oregon State University and to submit their proposal to the NSF – ORCEESE program by the NSF deadline of August 7, 2013.
Information: Mary Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidance for preparation of letters of intent to the Research Office:
- Title of Project
- Program Title
- PI/Co-PI, include Department and College
- Brief description of the project goals
- Brief description of the communities whose needs will be addressed by the project
- Brief description of the overall approach and the technical components of the project
- Brief description of the roles, responsibilities and qualifications of key personnel
- Brief description of how knowledge about the online resource will be communicated broadly
- Detailed budget being requested from NSF (limit one page)
- Standard NSF style biosketch for PI (limit two pages, single-spaced, 12 pt. font)
- Letters of intent are limited to seven pages (including budget and biosketch, single-spaced, 12 pt. font)
- Submit electronically as a PDF document to: email@example.com