EPA / NSF Networks for Characterizing Chemical Life Cycle (NSF-NCCLCs)
National Science Foundation (NSF) 13-524
Research Office Letter of Intent submission deadline: Monday, February 11, 2013
The Research Office, Incentive Programs is requesting Letters of Intent for the NSF – EPA/NSF Networks for Characterizing Chemical Life Cycle (NCCLCs) Program.
NCCLCs will promote development of trans-disciplinary, systems- and molecular-level understanding of the life cycle of important synthetic chemicals and materials (including nanomaterials) as these distribute and are potentially altered through use in society and interaction with the built and natural environments.
Education, workforce development, and the translation or transfer of basic research results into social or economic benefits are critical aspects of the NCCLC projects. Networks will develop strong mentoring and training activities for undergraduate and graduate students as well as postdoctoral associates. Other educational activities, such as informal science communication and the education of K-12 students or the public, are encouraged. Where appropriate, intellectual property protection and a proactive plan to engage industry in technology transfer is encouraged.
Limit Summary: Only one proposal may be submitted from an eligible entity.
In an effort to provide the highest level of excellence and viability for funding, a review process will be put in place if more than one proposal is submitted. The finalist will be asked to represent Oregon State University and to submit their proposal to the NSF – NCCLC program.
Information: Debbie Delmore at firstname.lastname@example.org or (541) 737-8390
Please include the following information in your letter of intent to the Research Office:
- Title of Project
- NSF Program Title
- PI / Co-PIs, Departments, and Colleges
- Project Description
- Describe the intellectual merit of the proposed Networks and what the broader impacts are.
- Describe the education activities.
- Management Plan.
- Detailed budget being requested from NSF – limit one page
- Standard NSF style biosketch for PI (limit two pages, single-spaced, 12 pt. font)
- Letters of intent are limited to six pages (including budget page and biosketch)
- Submit electronically as a MS Word or PDF document to: email@example.com