Materials Research Science and Engineering Centers (MRSEC)
The Research Office, Incentive Programs is requesting letters of intent for the National Science Foundation (NSF) – Materials Research Science and Engineering Centers (MRSEC) 2013 program.
Research Office Letter of Intent submission deadline: Friday, May 17, 2013
Synopsis of Program:
MRSECs provide sustained support of interdisciplinary materials research and education of the highest quality while addressing fundamental problems in science and engineering. MRSECs address research of a scope and complexity requiring the scale, synergy, and interdisciplinarity provided by a campus-based research center. They support materials research infrastructure in the United States, promote active collaboration between universities and other sectors, including industry and international institutions, and contribute to the development of a national network of university-based centers in materials research, education, and facilities. A MRSEC may be located at a single institution, or may involve multiple institutions in partnership.
Limit Summary: Only one MRSEC preliminary proposal may be submitted by any one organization as the lead organization in this competition. Full MRSEC proposals may be submitted by invitation only.
In an effort to provide the highest level of excellence and viability for funding, a review process will be put in place if more than one proposal is submitted. The finalist will be asked to represent Oregon State University and to submit their proposal to the NSF – MRSEC program by the NSF deadline of August 26, 2013.
Information: Mary Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org or (541) 737-8390
Guidance for preparation of letters of intent to the Research Office:
- Title of Project
- Program Title
- PI/Co-PI, include Department and College
- Brief description of the rationale for establishing the center and the anticipated synergies encompassing a center
- Brief description of the proposed interdisciplinary research groups, including their intellectual merit
- Brief statement on the broader impacts of the proposed activities such as research, education/outreach, shared facilities, and collaborations
- Detailed budget being requested from NSF (limit one page)
- Standard NSF style biosketch for PI (limit two pages, single-spaced, 12 pt. font)
- Letters of intent are limited to seven pages (including budget and biosketch, single-spaced, 12 pt. font)
- Submit electronically as a PDF document to: email@example.com