High Performance Computing System Acquisition (NSF-HPCSA): Building a More Inclusive Computing Environment for Science and Engineering
National Science Foundation (NSF) 13-528
The Research Office, Incentive Programs is requesting Letters of Intent for the NSF – High Performance Computing System Acquisition (HPCSA): Building a More Inclusive Computing Environment for Science and Engineering program.
Research Office Letter of Intent submission deadline: Thursday, February 21, 2013
The purpose of this solicitation is to generate proposals from Service Provider organizations who are committed to the delivery of world leading High Performance Computing and Data enabled (HPC&D) resources through the XD environment. This competition emphasizes the provision of system and services that deliver significant levels of performance for many different types of science and engineering applications while also introducing new capabilities and significant innovation which will expand the value of HPC&D to the science and engineering community.
Limit Summary: An organization may submit only one proposal.
In an effort to provide the highest level of excellence and viability for funding, a review process will be put in place if more than one proposal is submitted. The finalist will be asked to represent Oregon State University and to submit their proposal to the NSF-HPCSA program.
Information: Debbie Delmore at firstname.lastname@example.org or (541) 737-8390
Guidance for preparation of Letter of Intent to the Research Office:
- Title of Project
- Project Description
- Resource Specification
- Performance and Innovation for Science and Engineering Applications
- Reliability and Usability
- Implementation, Project Management and Risk Mitigation
- Quality of the Physical Infrastructure
- Plan for Operations, including User Support and Training
- Broadening Participation
- Detailed Budget being requested from NSF (limit one page)
- Standard NSF style biosketch for PI (limit two pages, single-spaced, 12 pt. font)
- Letters of intent are limited to six (6) pages (including budget page, and biosketch)
- Submit electronically as a MSWord or PDF document to: email@example.com
- Project Description