ADVANCE: Increasing the Participation and Advancement of Women in Academic Science and Engineering Careers (ADVANCE)
The Research Office, Incentive Program is requesting letters of intent for the National Science Foundation – ADVANCE: Increasing the Participation and Advancement of Women in Academic Science and Engineering Careers 2013 program.
Research Office Letter of Intent submission deadline: Friday, July 19, 2013
Synopsis of Program:
The goal of the ADVANCE program is to develop systemic approaches to increase the representation and advancement of women in academic science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) careers, thereby contributing to the development of a more diverse science and engineering workforce. ADVANCE also has as its goal to seminally contribute to and inform the general knowledge base on gender equity in the academic STEM disciplines.
Institutional Transformation (IT) awards are expected to include innovative systemic organizational approaches to transform institutions of higher education in ways that will increase the participation and advancement of women in STEM academic careers. These awards support comprehensive programs for institution-wide change.
IT-Catalyst awards are designed to support historically resource-challenged institutions in their efforts to conduct institutional self-assessment activities (i.e., data collection, data analysis, policy review) in order to identify specific issues in the recruitment, retention and promotion of women faculty in STEM disciplines.
Limit Summary: Organizations may submit only one Institutional Transformation (IT) proposal or one IT-Catalyst proposal.
In an effort to provide the highest level of excellence and viability for funding, a review process will be put in place if more than one proposal is submitted. The finalist will be asked to represent Oregon State University and to submit their proposal to the NSF-ADVANCE program by the NSF letter of intent deadline of October 24, 2013.
Information: Debbie Delmore at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-737-8390
Guidance for preparation of Letter of Intent to the Research Office:
- Title of Project
- Type of Project (IT or IT-Catalyst)
- Project Description; include proposed activities, project objectives and goals
- Brief statement on the broader impacts of the proposed activities such as research, education/outreach, participation of underrepresented groups, shared facilities, and collaborations
- Detailed Budget being requested from NSF (limit one page)
- Standard NSF style biosketch for PI (limit two pages, single-spaced, 12 pt. font)
- Letters of intent are limited to seven pages (including budget and biosketch, single-spaced, 12 pt. font)
- Submit electronically as a MS Word or PDF document to: Debbie Delmore