High Performance Computing System Acquisition: Enhancing the Petascale Computing Environment for Science and Engineering (HPC: EPCESE)
The Research Office, Incentive Programs is requesting Letters of Intent for the National Science Foundation – High Performance Computing System Acquisition: Enhancing the Petascale Computing Environment for Science and Engineering (HPC: EPCESE) program.
Research Office Letter of Intent submission deadline: Thursday, February 10, 2011
Information: Debbie Delmore at email@example.com or (541) 737-8390
Limit Summary: An organization may submit only one (1) proposal.
In an effort to provide the highest level of excellence and viability for funding, a review process will be put in place if more than one (1) proposal is submitted. The finalist will be asked to represent Oregon State University and to submit their proposal to the NSF-HPC: EPCESE program.
The NSF’s vision for Cyberinfrastructure in the 21st Century includes enabling sustained petascale computational and data-driven science and engineering through the deployment and support of a world-class High Performance Computing (HPC) environment.
HPC Resource Providers – those organizations willing to acquire, deploy and operate HPC resources in service to the science and engineering research and education community – play a key role in the provision and support of a national Cyberinfrastructure. With this solicitation, the NSF requests proposals from organizations willing to serve as HPC Resource Providers within Extreme Digital (XD), the successor to TeraGrid, and who propose to acquire and deploy new, innovative petascale HPC systems and services.
NSF Full Proposal Deadline: March 7, 2011
Guidance for preparation of Letter of Intent to the Research Office:
- Title of Project
- Project Description
- System Specification
- Performance and Innovation for Science and Engineering Applications
- System Reliability and Usability
- Implementation, Project Management and Risk Mitigation
- Quality of the Physical Infrastructure
- Plan for Operations, including User Support and Training
- Integration of Research and Education
- Broadening Participation
- Detailed Budget being requested from NSF – limit one (1) page
- Letters of intent are limited to six (6) pages (including budget page)
- Be submitted electronically as a MSWord or PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org