Jean Dreyfus Boissevain Lectureship for Undergraduate Institutions
Dreyfus Foundation program information: http://dreyfus.org/awards/jean_dreyfus_boissevain.shtml
The Research Office, Office for Research Development is requesting letters of intent for the Jean Dreyfus Boissevain Lectureship for Undergraduate Institutions program.
Deadline for letters of nomination to the Research Office: Monday, March 17, 2014
The Jean Dreyfus Boissevain Lectureship awards provide an $18,500 grant to bring a leading researcher to a primarily undergraduate institution to give a series of lectures in the chemical sciences and to support two undergraduates in summer research. The lecturer is expected to substantially interact with undergraduate students and faculty over the period of the visit. The undergraduates are expected to engage with mentors in contemporary research.
Limit: Institutions are restricted to only one application annually for this program.
In an effort to provide the highest level of excellence and viability for funding, a review process will be put in place if more than one letter of intent is submitted. The finalist will be asked to represent Oregon State University and to submit their application to the Jean Dreyfus Boissevain Lectureship for Undergraduate Institutions program.
Guidance for preparation of letters of intent:
- Title of Project
- Dreyfus Foundation Program Title
- PI, Department, and College
- Description of undergraduate involvement in research
- Examples of the proposed lecturers and topics
- Description of the process to select the undergraduate research students
- Simple budget describing how award funds are anticipated to be used
- Letters of intent are limited to three pages (single-spaced, 12 pt. font, one inch margins)
- SUBMIT electronically to Debbie Delmore at email@example.com
Questions: contact Mary Phillips, Director, Office for Research Development at firstname.lastname@example.org