The Oregon Community Foundation - Community Grants
The Research Office is requesting Letters of Intent for The Oregon Community Foundation (OCF) – Community Grants program. The Community Grant program is seeking proposals that engage communities in addressing local issues. Preference is given to proposals that: demonstrate a close fit with OCF funding priorities, represent prevention or early intervention efforts, and reflect significant community engagement, both in terms of volunteers and financial support.
Research Office Letter of Intent submission deadline: Thursday, May 24, 2012
Information: Debbie Delmore at email@example.com or (541) 737-8390
The program limits to one the number of proposals that may be submitted by Oregon State University. In an effort to provide the highest level of excellence and viability for funding, a review process will be put in place if more proposals are submitted. The finalist will be asked to represent Oregon State University and to submit their proposal to the OCF – Community Grants program by the August 1, 2012 deadline.
Guidance for preparation of Letters of Intent to the Research Office:
- Project Title
- PI/Project Contact Person, Department, and College
- Brief project narrative, including:
- Brief description of how the proposed project fits the funding objectives of OCF.
- Brief description of the community’s need for the proposed project.
- Brief description of the broad cross-section of community involvement, including collaboration with other organizations.
- For capacity-building requests, a statement on how the proposed project aligns with a long-term strategic plan by the board.
- For capital requests, a brief description of how the proposed project will lead to an expansion of programs that would not otherwise be possible.
- Detailed budget (limit one page).
- Standard NSF style biosketch for PI/Project Contact Person (limit two pages).
- Be limited to six pages (including budget and biosketch).
- Be submitted electronically as a MS Word or PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org