Chemistry Research Instrumentation and Facilities: Departmental Multi-User Instrumentation (CRIF:MU)
The Incentive Funds Program in the Research Office is requesting Letters of Intent for the National Science Foundation – Chemistry Research Instrumentation and Facilities: Departmental Multi-User Instrumentation (CRIF:MU) program.
Research Office Letter of Intent submission deadline: Friday, May 21, 2010 (5:00 PM)
Information: Debbie Delmore at email@example.com or 541-737-8390
The NSF program limits to one (1) the number of proposals that may be submitted by Oregon State University.
In an effort to provide the highest level of excellence and viability for funding, a review process will be put in place if more than one proposal is submitted. The finalist will be asked to represent Oregon State University and to submit their proposal to the NSF-CRIF:MU program.
The CRIF Program is structured to enable the National Science Foundation’s Division of Chemistry to respond to a variety of needs for infrastructure that promotes research and education in areas traditionally supported by the Division.
NSF Full Proposal Target Date(s):
June 22, 2010
The Departmental Multi-User Instrumentation component of CRIF (CRIF:MU) provides funds to universities, colleges, and consortia thereof for the purchase of multi-user instruments. The maximum request is $500,000 for instrumentation. Up to an additional $100,000, including indirect cost may be requested for personnel who are needed to support cyber-enhanced projects if the instrument is cyber-enabled.
The principal investigator must be the chemistry department chairperson or equivalent.
Guidance for preparation of Letters of Intent to the Research Office:
- Title of Project
- PI/Co-PI and Department
- Type of instrument(s) being requested
- Describe the proposed shared research instrumentation, the type of research and research training it will enable, and the activities that would result if NSF funds the project.
- Describe how the acquisition or upgrade of the requested instrumentation supports the departmental plan for broadening participation of underrepresented groups.
- Budget request information.
- Be limited to three (3) pages.
- Be submitted electronically as a MS Word or PDF document to:firstname.lastname@example.org