Census Research Network (CRN)
The Research Office, Incentive Programs is requesting Letters of Intent for the National Science Foundation (NSF) – Census Research Network (CRN) 2010 program.
Research Office Letters of Intent submission deadline: Monday, January 10, 2011
Information: Debbie Delmore at email@example.com or (541) 737-8390
Limit Summary: There is a limit of two (2) proposals that may be submitted by an institution either as a single institution or as a lead institution in a multi-institutional proposal.
In an effort to provide the highest level of excellence and viability for funding, a review process will be put in place if more than two proposals are submitted. The finalists will be asked to represent Oregon State University and to submit their proposals to the NSF-CRN program.
The NSF-CRN will provide support for a set of research nodes, each of which will be staffed by a team of scientists conducting interdisciplinary research and educational activities on methodological questions of interest and significance to the broader research community and to the Federal Statistical System, particularly the U.S. Census Bureau. The activities will be expected to advance both fundamental and applied knowledge as well as further the training of current and future generations of researchers in research skills of relevance to the measurement of economic units, households, and persons.
NSF Full Proposal Deadline: February 16, 2011
Guidance for preparation of Letter of Intent to the Research Office:
- Title of Project
- Type of research node (Small Node or Medium Node)
- Brief description of education plan
- Management plan:
- Brief description of the management structure that will enable the node to work effectively
- List of the senior personnel and a brief description of the contribution they are expected to make to the project
- Brief description of the expected results and contributions of the project
- Budget being requested from NSF
- Letters of Intent are limited to three (3) pages.
- Be submitted electronically as a MSWord or PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org