Open Competition for Professional Exchange Programs
Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA)
The Incentive Funds Program in the Research Office is requesting Letters of Intent for the Open Competition for Professional Exchange Programs 2011 solicitation.
Research Office Letter of Intent submission deadline: Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Information: Debbie Delmore at email@example.com or (541) 737-8390
The Office of Citizen Exchanges, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, announces an open competition for grants to conduct the 2011 professional exchange programs. This opportunity is designed to bring young foreign professionals to the United States for four week to six week-long fellowships in organizations related to their field of work, followed by American counterparts who will travel overseas for reciprocal fellowships. Projects should take place over the course of one to two years, and engage up-and-coming and mid-level government or civil society professionals who will effect positive change in their institutions and communities through the following initiatives: the Legislative Fellows Program, the Women’s Empowerment Program, and the Young Entrepreneurs Program.
Limit Summary: Eligible applicants may not submit more than one (1) proposal under this competition.
In an effort to provide the highest level of excellence and viability for funding, a review process will be put in place if more than one proposal is submitted. The finalist will be asked to represent Oregon State University and to submit their proposal to the Department of State by the May 12, 2011 deadline.
Guidance for preparation of Letters of Intent to the Research Office:
- Title of Project
- Brief description of the project goals, objectives and anticipated outcomes including:
- What will the participants, U.S. and foreign, learn as a result of this project
- What new attitudes or new ideas will the participants, U.S. and foreign, encounter as a result of this project
- How will the participants’ behavior change as a result of this project
- How will participants be a catalyst for change in their schools, work-places, communities, or institutions
- A simple project management plan for the two-year life of the project
- Detailed budget being requested from Dept. of State – limit one (1) page
- Letters of intent are limited to four (4) pages (including budget page)
- Be submitted electronically as a MS Word or PDF document to:firstname.lastname@example.org