Partnerships for Innovation: Building Innovation Capacity (PFI: BIC)
The Research Office, Incentive Programs is requesting letters of intent for the National Science Foundation (NSF) - Partnerships for Innovation: Building Innovation Capacity (PFI: BIC) Program.
Research Office Letter of Intent submission deadline: Monday, August 13, 2012 by 5:00 PM
The PFI: BIC program starts with an existing sound scientific and/or engineering-based research discovery that can be translated through a partnership between academe and small businesses to potentially market-valued solutions and to enhance the innovation capacity of the partners. The funds will provide support to an academic institution to partner with at least two small technology-based businesses that are not in direct competition with each other. The primary aims of the activities of this partnership are three-fold: (1) to build the innovation capacity of the individual participants from academe and from business; (2) to increase the viability of the small business concerns; and (3) to develop the next-generation workforce by providing opportunities for students at different levels to effectively learn from, participate in, and be profoundly changed by exposure to the process of building innovation capacity that occurs in BIC projects.
Limit Summary: Lead academic institutions are limited to participation one proposal as a lead institution.
In an effort to provide the highest level of excellence and viability for funding, a review process will be put in place if more than one proposal is submitted. The finalist will be asked to represent Oregon State University and to submit their proposal to the NSF – PFI: BIC program by the NSF letter of intent deadline of September 26, 2012.
Information: Debbie Delmore at firstname.lastname@example.org or (541) 737-8390
Guidance for preparation of Letter of Intent to the Research Office:
- Title of Project
- NSF Program Title
- PI/Co-PI, Department and College
- Project description
- Brief description of existing research discovery findings
- Identify the small technology-based businesses
- List major translational-research activities that will result in a strategy to build innovation capacity of the partners
- Detailed budget being requested from NSF (limit one page)
- Standard NSF style biosketch for PI (limit two pages)
- Letters of intent are limited to six pages (including budget and biosketch, single spaced, 12 pt. font)
- Submit electronically as a MS Word or PDF document to: email@example.com