The committee will use the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals and other applicable guidelines as recommended in the management of the animal care and use program at Oregon State University. Veterinary Guidelines can be found on the Laboratory Animal Resource Center (LARC) website.
- Animal Facility Disaster Planning Guidelines (download MS Word file)
- Assuring Death Following CO2 Euthanasia
- Determination of Levels of Pain and Distress
- Food or Fluid Restriction
- Guideline to Ensure Training and Occupational Health Program Enrollment for New Staff Working with Animals or Exposed to Animal Tissues or Wastes
- The 3Rs and the Literature Search to Alternatives
- Permits for Field Studies
- Toe Clipping
- Death as an End Point
The following posters have been approved by the IACUC for use in animal facilities and investigator labs. For areas that must have sanitizable surfaces, contact the IACUC for signage information.