The College of Business
The College of Business provides internationally recognized research-based education that prepares profession-ready graduates who will lead in an innovation economy. Our dedicated faculty, rigorous curriculum, and distinct experiential learning programs help students translate theory into practice to become leaders in the global economy.
Our teaching faculty are experts in their fields, publishing in prestigious top journals including Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Accounting Research, Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Business, Journal of Applied Psychology and Journal of Forecasting; Our faculty also write textbooks—one on project management that was translated into multiple languages and is now in its second edition, and another on finance that publishers are calling the first paperback textbook in the field.
Expertise areas include building brand communities, managing projects, advertising in a recession, digital library infrastructure construction, organizational behavior, international accounting, computer forensics, strategic planning, family business and more.
The OSU College of Business offers more undergraduate majors than any other business school in Oregon:
- Accounting:This rigorous program prepares you for a successful career in fields such as tax accounting, cost accounting, auditing, corporate accounting, and not-for-profit accounting. (B.S.)
- Business Information Systems: A blend of operations, management, computer science, and engineering, the BIS curriculum teaches how to harness technologies to help organizations become and remain competitive in today's professional environment. BIS graduates have become software engineers, business process analysts, quality control managers, IT auditors, and more. (B.S. or B.A.)
- Finance: The financial field involves managing funds in our economic system. You will learn institutional financing skills to launch careers in banking, insurance, securities, or a similar field. (B.S. or B.A.)
- Management:Become proficient at getting things done through successfully managing people, systems, projects, processes, and quality. (B.S. or B.A.)
- Marketing:With a marketing degree, you can step into a variety of organizations including manufacturing companies, service firms, retailers, wholesalers, advertising agencies, media, and government agencies. (B.S. or B.A.)
- Entrepreneurship:Earn your degree in Business Administration with an option in entrepreneurship and learn to recognize and develop opportunities in both profit and not-for-profit organizations. (B.S. or B.A. in Business Administration)
- GeneralBusiness:Only offered at OSU-Cascades. (B.S. or B.A.)
- HospitalityManagement:Only offered at OSU-Cascades. (B.S. or B.A.)
- InternationalBusiness: This option prepares students for management positions in organizations engaged in international trade. (B.S. or B.A. in Business Administration)
- Austin Entrepreneurship Program (AEP): AEP at Weatherford Residential College is the largest living-learning facility dedicated to entrepreneurship in the nation. The program champions entrepreneurship and innovation by building an environment where ingenuity is cultivated and opportunities turn into ventures.
- Austin Family Business Program (AFBP): As the second oldest program of its kind in the world, AFBP excels as a valuable resource for family enterprises. The program promotes healthy family businesses through innovative tools and hands-on learning opportunities.
- Close to the Customer Project (C2C): Through appropriate research methods, the C2C Project creates insights and understanding of markets and customers while providing an experiential learning environment for students.
- Business Solutions Group (BSG): BSG hires and trains business, computer science, and engineering students while providing real-world clients with business analysis, application development, and testing services.
Students wanting a graduate-level business education have a variety of options:
Our traditional MBA focuses on entrepreneurial and experiential learning culminating in an integrated business plan project with business partners. A Masters of Business and Engineering degree program combines graduate level courses in both engineering and business. The Executive MBA program, offered with UO and PSU in Portland, focuses on business theory and practice for strategic decision-making in a competitive, global economy. We also offer a post-baccalaureate Accounting Certificate.
The college’s unique experiential learning programs help students enter the workforce with accelerated skills and knowledge.