OSU provides a number of tools to serve our students. Register for classes, update your address, order transcripts, and more using MyOSU.
Follow your progress toward your degree with MyDegrees. Log into MyOSU, click on Student tab, under My Student Stuff click on "MyDegrees", then click teh Submit MyDegrees box.
Don't get caught unawares; know the university dates and deadlines by keeping an eye on the academic calendar.
Stay in touch with instructors, advisors, and others via your ONID email account. Also, you may access many of your services using your ONID login credentials.
Wouldn't it be great if all of these tools were available in one place? Check out the OSU portal. From this one place you can access all your university services, receive important announcements, and stay connected with your campus activities.
Are you a veteran? If so you should check out the numerous services that OSU provides to our veteran students.
MyOSU provides registration and degree progress tracking tools, the ability to manage your personal information, and access to your student records.
You may login to MyOSU for the first time using your student identification number and GAP (general access PIN). The GAP is initially your date of birth (mmddyy). Upon your initial login you will be prompted to change your GAP to another six digit number known only to you. Do not share this number with anyone. You will also be directed to establish a question and answer to be used to reset your GAP should you forget it.
After establishing your GAP number you then login to the ONID email system using your student ID and GAP number. Here you will establish your ONID username and password. Once your ONID username and password are established use those credentials to login to MyOSU.
MyOSU permits you to conduct much of your business with the university. From MyOSU you may add/drop/withdraw courses, update your current mailing address, view unofficial transcripts, order official transcripts, view and pay your bills, and review financial aid information.
Your ONID login credentials are used to gain access to campus computers, your OSU email account, Canvas, the OSU wireless network, Interlibrary loan, 2 GB of storage space, and more.
Go to http://onid.oregonstate.edu and choose “Sign Up For ONID” from the upper-left hand column.
Visit the OSU Computer Helpdesk Web page, http://is.oregonstate.edu/accounts-support/och/, for the current operating hours and various contact methods including phone, email, live chat and a web-based help request form.
Admitted students are eligible for an ONID account, but the account only remains active if the student enrolls for their term of admission. Registered students, employees, faculty, emeriti, COCC dual enrolled students, and OSU Associates (to learn more about this status visit the visit the ID Center website) are all eligible for an ONID account as long as their association with the university remains active.
Open the ONID page, choose "Login To ONID" and enter your ONID username and password when prompted.
The following guidelines, defined by the vice provost for information services and the university registrar, apply to the release of email addresses in compliance with FERPA and OSU’s policy, Acceptable Use of University Computing Resources, which states, "The electronic mail system shall not be used for "broadcasting" of unsolicited mail (unless authorized by the department chair or unit head) or for sending chain letters. (Broadcast = More than one person as recipient. Unsolicited = Without authorization.)
The communication system shall not be used for sending of material that reasonably would be considered obscene, offensive, or threatening by the recipient or another viewer of the material. See Acceptable Use of University Computing Resources.
Denied requestors are encouraged to use the postal service.
The academic calendar is an important tool. Refer to it regularly to keep track of important dates and deadlines. The calendar is populated several terms in advance so you can plan ahead. You can also download events to your own personal calendars for easy reference or to create reminders for yourself.
1. Download the academic calendar file (academic-calendar-2016-2017.csv) to your desktop.
2. Click Tools and Services on the OSU Home page, then Google Apps for OSU, then click Google Calendar. Login with your ONID user name and password.
3. Click the Gear icon and select "Settings."
4. Click on "Calendars" tab.
5. Click on "Import calendar."
6. Use Browse to select the file "academic-calendar-2016-2017.csv" that you saved in step 1. Click Import. You're done.
1. Download the Important Dates Academic Calendar to your desktop or some other temporary location and save as an Excel file.
2. In your desktop Outlook, click on "Calendar,"
3. Then click "Files > Open > Import."
4. In the Import dialog box, select "Import from another program or file" and click "Next."
5. Select "Microsoft Excel 97-2003" and then click "Next."
6. Click on the "Browse" button and find the "Important Deadlines Academic Calendar" file. Make sure the option "Allow duplicates to be created" is selected.
7. Click "Next."
8. Select "Calendar" as the destination folder and click "Next." Check the box next to "Import 'Data' into folder: Calendar" and then click "Finish."
The Oregon State University 5-year calendar defines the beginning and ending dates of each term for the next five years.