Late Section Change
To request to change sections (e.g. BI 101 section 001 drop in order to add BI 101 section 002) after the add/drop deadline complete the Petition for Late Change of Registration as stated below. Make sure you read and sign the petition guidelines. A signed copy of the guidelines must be submitted with your petition in order for it to be considered.
First page of the petition, complete the following sections:
- Student information
- Mark Section Change
- Complete the Course Add & Course Drop sections
- Reason for change? (Your response must be legible.)
- Why this request is late sections? (Your response must be legible.)
Second page of the petition, complete the following sections:
- Instructor Section for Late Add: The instructor must answer the first two questions (beginning date of attendance & reasonable chance to complete) and sign the form. The department representative must indicate approval/disapproval and sign the form.
- Instructor Section for Late Drop or Withdraw: The instructor must answer the two questions (last date of attendance & did student take final exam) and sign the form. If the instructor for the section to add and the section drop are the same person, they must complete both sections.
- Head Advisor/Graduate Dean Comments: Degree seeking undergraduate students must obtain the signature of their head advisor. Graduate students must obtain the signature of the Graduate School designee. Non-degree students require no signatures in this section.
Return the completed form and signed guidelines to the Office of the Registrar for review.