Late Section Change
To request to change sections (e.g. BI 101 section 001 drop in order to add BI 101 section 002) after the add/drop deadline complete the Petition for Late Change of Registration as stated below. Make sure you read and sign the petition guidelines. A signed copy of the guidelines must be submitted with your petition in order for it to be considered.
First page of the petition, complete the following sections:
- Student information
- Mark Section Change
- Complete the Course Add and Course Drop sections
- Reason for change? (Your response must be legible.)
- Why this request is late sections (Your response must be legible.)
Second page of the petition, complete the following sections:
- Instructor Section for Late Add: The instructor must answer the first two questions (beginning date of attendance and reasonable chance to complete) and sign the form. The department representative must indicate approval/disapproval and sign the form.
- Instructor Section for Late Drop or Withdraw: The instructor must answer the two questions (last date of attendance and did student take final exam) and sign the form. If the instructor for the section to add and the section drop are the same person, they must complete both sections.
- Head Advisor/Graduate Dean Comments: Degree-seeking undergraduate students must obtain the signature of their head advisor. Graduate students must obtain the signature of the Graduate School designee. Non-degree students require no signatures in this section.
Return the completed form and signed guidelines to the Office of the Registrar for review.