Prerequisites are established by Category II approval.
Information on prerequisite enforcement.
- No prerequisites or corequisites may be deleted from or added to a course or section without an approved category II proposal. Prerequisites for a section must be in place before registration for the term begins.
- If registration is not in progress, existing prereqs or coreqs may be switched from unenforced to enforced, or vice versa, without a category II proposal. Prereqs may not be switched or changed once registration has begun. Email your request to switch prereq enforcement status to the catalog coordinator.
- All sections of a course must use the same prerequisites and/or corequisites that have been approved for that course.
- Departments may add prereqs or coreqs to the X99 or blanket course section Comments field of the online Schedule of Classes prior to registration. These may be enforced by the instructor; they are not enforced by Banner Registration.
- Graduate-level courses that have undergraduate prereqs are not enforced by Banner. These prereqs may be deleted without a category II. Email your request to the catalog coordinator.