A person, who is a current member of the OSU Alumni Association, as evidenced by an Alumni Center membership card, may purchase a daily guest pass and sponsor in one guest. He/She is not eligible to purchase a RecSports membership unless he/she is also an OSU Graduate (see below).
An affiliate is the spouse or domestic partner of an eligible student, faculty, staff, associate, special member or OSU graduate. The affiliate is eligible to purchase a RecSports Affiliate Pass after obtaining an OSU ID card from the OSU ID Center.
A person associated with the University who has been granted an OSU ID card by the OSU ID Center is eligible to purchase a RecSports Associate Pass. Example: Oregon State Police are eligible for membership because they provide OSU with a service.
A person who qualifies under IRS guidelines as the legal dependent of a student, faculty, staff, associate, special member or OSU graduate may be eligible to purchase a RecSports Dependent Pass. The following eligibility rules apply to dependents:
Dependents ages 8-15 are eligible to purchase a RecSports Dependent Pass and to participate in Family Swim and Family Climb programs; however, specific Youth Access rules apply (see Youth Access Guidelines).
Ages 16 and Older
With a valid OSU ID Card, dependents ages 16 and older may purchase a daily guest pass and sponsor in one guest. They are also eligible to purchase a RecSports Dependent Pass. Dependents ages 16-17 are not eligible for most services, programs, trips or classes with the exception of specifically designed, age-appropriate programs.
With a valid OSU ID card, faculty and emeriti faculty of OSU are eligible to purchase a RecSports Faculty Pass. OSU Faculty who are also students must still purchase a membership in order to use the facility unless they are paying full OSU Incidental fees.
There are a limited number of RecSports memberships available each year to OSU graduates and their affiliates and dependents. To be eligible for these memberships, an OSU graduate must provide the following at RecServices:
- Proof of membership in the OSU Alumni Center
- Proof of OSU graduate status (diploma or transcripts)
- A valid Special Member ID card from the OSU ID Center
- A signed Affidavit of Marriage or Domestic Partnership for affiliates
- Verbal verification of dependent status based on IRS guidelines for dependents
Eligibility for special membership is determined on a case-by-case basis by the Membership Coordinator and shall be granted if: 1) an e-campus registration creates a formal relationship with the University; or 2) a permanent employment relationship establishes a primary workstation within the geographic boundaries of OSU; or 3) the employing organization makes a regular work contribution to the Department of Recreational Sports. Approved individuals may purchase a RecSports Special Membership Pass after obtaining a Special OSU ID card from the ID Center.
With a valid OSU ID card, OSU Staff and retired staff are eligible to purchase a RecSports Staff Pass. OSU Staff who are also students must still purchase a membership in order to use the facility unless they are paying full student incidental fees
There are three student membership categories which are as follows:
- Students – Students who are currently registered and paying full student incidental fees are automatically members of the Department of Recreational Sports. Dual-enrolled students who have opted to pay full student incidental fees are automatically members. E-campus students do not pay full OSU incidental fees and are not eligible for membership
- Extended Students – Students who were enrolled the previous term and were paying full student incidental fees are eligible to purchase an Extended Student Pass for the current term.
- Pre-Enrolled Students – Students who are newly admitted to the University, but have not yet registered for fall classes are eligible to purchase an Extended Student Pass for summer term only.
University Affiliate Faculty
A University Affiliate Faculty is an OSU faculty who is working for a short duration (less than a year) on a volunteer or collaborative basis without a formal appointment. The University Affiliate Faculty is eligible to purchase a RecSports UAF Pass after obtaining an OSU ID card from the OSU ID Center
In addition to the general OSU Community, RecSports allows access to facilities for visiting groups and limited duration employees / volunteers who do not qualify for an OSU ID card. Mechanisms for creating access vary depending on requestor's situation. Contact the RecServices Office Specialist to discuss the specifics of your situation.