Annually, Recreational Sports works diligently during the summer to improve and care for your facilities.
Throughout the summer we repair and improve your facilities. Rather than interrupt students and member throughout the academic year, we have identified the lowest-use time within Recreational Sports in the summer to accomplish our work.
A Sneak Peek
Below is a sneak peek of some of the projects we'll be completing during the summer. Use the links listed to the right to navigate and find out about facility closures and alternate ways to stay active this summer!
Summer Improvements to Recreational Sports
- Refinishing of over 60,000 square feet of wood floor in multipurpose rooms and gyms
- Replacing of the domestic water pipe
- Replacing of the mechanical system and ventilation controls system
- Cleaning the facility ducts
- Repairing and repainting of the climbing walls
- Repairing and replacing of various flooring
- Replacing of the lighting control system components
- Upgrading of the variable frequency drive
- Replacing the chemical feed lines for aquatic facilities
- Rebuilding and replacing control valves for aquatics facilities
- Repairing and testing of the life/safety system
- Updating fitness and weight equipment
- Cleaning of furniture, office spaces and recreation spaces
- ...and so much more!
PEBB Exercise Rewards & Summer Shutdown information:
For the purposes of your visits to Recreational Sports during Summer Shutdown 2014 and the PEBB Exercise Rewards Program:
- McAlexander Fieldhouse - We will continue to “swipe” your OSU ID card at McAlexander Fieldhouse.
- Langton Pool - Our Operations Staff will record your ID number at Langton if you choose to swim and we will manually update your visit report in our system for you.
- Student Legacy Park/Tennis Complex - If you use Student Legacy Park or the Tennis Complex to stay active during Summer Shutdown, please email Ali Casqueiro, Membership Coordinator, directly with your visit dates so that I can update your visit report in our system for you.