Have you recently had a personal training session? Evaluate your trainer by filling out this online survey: https://surveys.bus.oregonstate.edu/main.aspx?SurveyID=5027&cmd=survey
Working with a personal trainer will help you not only learn how to exercise properly to reach your goals, but also stick to an exercise program and hold yourself accountable. Personal trainers will help you set realistic goals and help you meet them by designing a personalized workout program. Despite your fitness goals Recreational Sports Personal Trainers will ensure that you leave every session educated and motivated for your next workout!
Recreational Sports Personal Trainers can offer exercise programs for:
- Achieving safe and effective weight loss
- Increasing muscle mass
- Improving cardiovascular & muscular endurance
- Increasing flexibility
- Increasing strength
- Improving speed and agility
- Training for an event (marathon, triathlon, etc.)
- Improving overall health and lifestyle
Additionally, personal trainers can help you with:
- Setting and reaching fitness goals
- Educating proper exercise form and technique
- Core Training
- Functional Exercises
- Exercise ideas for home, work, or travel
- Periodization (changing exercises) to prevent boredom, injuries and plateaus
- General Fitness Questions
Making an appointment with a Recreational Sports Personal Trainer is easy:
1. Browse our Trainer Bios (available at Recreation Services and at the Fitness Services Desk in Weight Room 1) and choose the individual whose experience, and specializations you feel most fit your needs.
2. Print off and fill out the Intake Form (pdf) and Doctor Consent Form (pdf), if applicable, and bring the completed forms to Recreation Services in Dixon. Forms are also available at Recreation Services.
3. Registration, payment can all be done at Recreation Services in Dixon. Scheduling for appointments is done between you and your selected trainer or choose from already set Get Started times available for your convenience (appointments will be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance).
See prices for personal training in the Fitness Schedule.
Get Started Session (90 minute appointment)
The name says it all, in this 90 minute appointment, a Recreational Sports Personal Trainer will help you set personal fitness goals, complete a fitness evaluation (optional), and design an individualized exercise program to fit your unique needs and reach your goals. Your personal trainer will take you through each exercise instructing proper form and technique to ensure you feel comfortable and confident completing your workout. This session gives you all the tools you need to Get Started with a fitness routine.
Individual Sessions (60 minute appointments)
Individual sessions focus specifically on your fitness goals and needs. A one-on-one personal training session will allow a trainer to focus on your needs and ensure proper form. A perfect follow-up to our Get Started appointment, advance your program, learn new exercises, and have the accountability of a personal trainer working with you to help you reach your goals.
Partner Training(2 individuals)
Partner training allows you and a friend to go through a personal training session together. With partner training, our trainers can design a program that is both catered to you and your friends goals while flexible enough to be continued in the future. Partner training sessions are great for people planning on making a habit out of working out together or for those who want to save more money on the cost of personal training.
Small Group Training (3-6 individuals)
Small Group Training allows you and up to five friends to pitch in together and save even more money on the cost of personal training. With small group training, you can work towards establishing a routine that will be efficient and effective for everyone in your group.