Happy National Recreational Sports & Fitness Day!
Greetings from Recreational Sports! Ali Casqueiro – your Membership Coordinator –wishing you a happy and healthy National Recreational Sports & Fitness Day!
I wanted to remind you about a few great things related to Recreational Sports as we celebrate today!
- Half-term Memberships are currently on sale! Faculty, staff, spouse/domestic partner, and dependents can purchase Half-Term Memberships for only $41 (and $34 for Student Affiliates/Dependents), valid through April 5th, 2013.
- Are you, or a student you know, looking for an on-campus job for 2013-2014? Recreational Sports is one of the largest student employers on campus, employing over 400 student employees each year and we’re currently hiring! Please refer great people to our list of openings and encourage them to complete our on-line application!
- Did you set health and wellness goals for the New Year? Check in on your progress by signing up for a Fitness Evaluation or drop in for a $5 Body Composition Assessment on Monday, March 3rd from 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. at the Fitness Desk in Dixon!
- Care for the community and consider getting CPR/AED and First Aid certified. RecSports members receive discounts on safety classes!
- February is American Heart Month - Take small steps each day to make sure your heart is healthy. Do you think you are eating right and getting enough exercise? Get your Heart Score to find out where you stand.
In honor of National Recreational Sports & Fitness Day, I encourage you to take some time to walk, run, skip, dance, step, row, kick, jump, cycle, swim, paddle, climb or lift, and whatever you do to move today, make sure you have a blast!