Beaver Nation - It's time to get DAM FIT
Dam Fit is Recreational Sports' newest fitness program. This small-group training program, open to students and Recreational Sports members, is intended to help participants:
- Time-efficient workouts: Get in, get out, get it done!
- Join a team with similar fitness levels
- Inspired, results- driven coaches
- Science-based training methods
- Exceed your own expectations
- Measure your fitness level
- Track your progress
Get DAM FIT!
Dam Fit participants are committing to attended three weekly training sessions - Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Dam Fit meets in McAlexander Fieldhouse.
Dam Fit participants can choose three different program timeslots: 12:00 p.m., 4:00 p.m. or 5:00 p.m.
Dam Fit participants choose their training group (White, Orange, or Black) based on the following criteria:
- White: Currently exercising less than three times per week; currently exercising less than 30 minutes per session; strength training once per week or less- relatively unfamiliar with, or new to strength training exercises
- Orange: Currently exercising three or more times per week; currently exercising at least 30 minutes per session; strength training two times per week or more- moderately comfortable/familiar with strength training exercises
- Black: Currently exercising three or more times per week; currently exercising at least 30 minutes per session; some training at a high intensity, or training competitively; comfortable and familiar with strength training exercises
The cost for Dam Fit for students and Recreational Sports members is $50.
Registration & Start Date
To register for Dam Fit, participants can register online or in person at the Recreation Services Desk in Dixon's West Entry.
Registration closes Friday, January 17.
The Fall Dam Fit program begins Monday, January 20 and concludes Friday, March 14.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Dam Fit like CrossFit?
Cross-fit, a successful small group training program that has become a household name in the last decade, is known for its high-intensity workouts that have revolutionized the "sport" of fitness. Dam Fit creates a similar environment to Cross Fit, but is unique in the following ways:
- Dam Fit focuses largely on safety, catering to many different fitness levels. If you are brand-new to a fitness program, or even if you have just taken a fitness-sabbatical, you will start your Dam Fit training in a group designed to safely and effectively progress you to your goals. You will master basic movement patterns and develop a base level of fitness and endurance so that you can stay healthy and injury-free as your coaches progress you through more and more challenging sessions.
- All of our Dam Fit trainers must also hold a nationally-recognized personal training certification, in addition to completing an extensive training for Dam Fit. Our trainers understand different training principles and training techniques. Through their national certification, they are able to understand that individuals have different fitness-related goals, and work with those different goals and ability levels.
- Dam Fit is exclusive to Recreational Sports at Oregon State University!
Do I need to be super fit to participate in Dam Fit?
Of course not! Our program has a structure in place so that
everyone can feel comfortable, while feeling challenged - from the brand-new exerciser to the Division 1 athlete!
Who should I contact if I want additional information about Dam Fit?
Contact Cathy Sullivan, (541-737-3243) Fitness Services & Education Coordinator, with questions about Dam Fit.