Adventures in Learning is funded by student fees and tax-deductible donations. The $450 tuition covers staff salaries, instructional materials, and recreational activities. A $100 processing fee is due upon acceptance in the program. This fee will be subtracted from the total tuition amount. A $25 service fee must accompany late applications, paperwork, and payments received after May 15. Some classes require additional materials or lab fees to be paid by the participant. These fees will be indicated in the course description.
- Cancellation is subject to forfeiture of the $100.00 non-refundable processing fee.
- No refund will be issued for withdrawals 10 business days (M - F) or less before the program start date.
- No refund or credit will be issued if you fail to attend the class.
- Full refund will be issued if the program is cancelled. It may take up to 6 weeks for you to receive your refund check in the mail.
Lunch Options - Two lunch options are available:
(1) students may purchase the 10-day, lunch ticket for $70; or
(2) they may bring their own lunch and pay a $10 beverage.
(3) students may bring their own lunch and beverage with no charge. All AIL students eat together in a university residence hall dining center.
Funds are solicited each year from foundations, organizations, businesses, and individuals to support students applying for assistance, but are very limited. Financial assistance is awarded based on an applicant's needs and the total amount of funds obtained. Families are encouraged to assist in soliciting their own sources of support. Personal contacts made by individuals are often more successful than contacts made by a program. Those who will be soliciting funds should contact the AIL office for appropriate procedures.