DPP for Students


Welcome to the Degree Partnership Program (DPP), your pathway to completing a university degree more quickly and more affordably. Previously named "Dual Enrollment", this program allows you to be jointly admitted and enrolled at Oregon State University and any community college partner. The program is open to all U.S. citizens and residents pursuing their bachelor's degree. International students may also be in the DPP program with Linn-Benton Community College and Portland Community College, but are required to work with their International Advisors.


Advantages of Degree Partnership Enrollment:



* Current DPP students taking classes at their partner schools: it can take 4-6 weeks before your grades from the community collge are sent and fully articulated (so they show up on OSU transcripts and MyDegrees) at OSU. Spring Term transcripts arrived during the last week of June.

* Fall 2015 DPP Application deadline is September 7th, 2015

* If you are a DPP student with Linn-Benton Community College (LBCC) and need a prerequisite override, please click here and complete the Prerequisite Override Request Form. Once the form is received, LBCC Admissions will then assist you in getting the override for the class you are interested in.


DPP Frequently Asked Questions

Below are a few of the most frequently asked questions about the DPP and dual enrollment. To find responses specific to LBCC, classroom4.jpgvisit: http://www.linnbenton.edu/go/degree-partnership.

Who can apply to the Degree Partnership Program?

Any student who meets the requirement of the DPP program or any current undergraduate or post-baccalaureate student who is in good academic standing with OSU. Admission requirements can be found on the Apply Now DPP webpage.

How is my tuition calculated?

You will be billed the appropriate (in-state, out-of-state, or international) community college tuition and fees for courses taken at the partner school. You will be billed the appropriate (in-state, out-of-state) OSU tuition and fees for courses taken at OSU.

What are the add/drop and tuition refund deadlines?

OSU - You may add and drop courses through the first seven-ten class days of each term (depending on the term). Add/drop fees will apply. The Tuition/Fee policies are published in the Schedule of Classes.

Fall 2015: October 4, 11:55 p.m. or Before

Winter 2016: January 10, 11:55 p.m. or Before

Spring 2016: April 3, 11:55 p.m. or Before

What are my payment options?

Please note that you are responsible for payment of charges at both institutions separately. Tuition payment options at OSU include:

When will I be billed?

OSU - Monthly statements will be mailed around the 20th of each month detailing all charges, credits, and payments to your account for the previous 30 days. Inquiry of your account through telephone, kiosk, or the Web will include fees/charges assessed to your account.

If there appears to be an error on your monthly statement, contact Business Affairs Student Accounts, 100 Kerr Administration Building, 541-737-3031

What if I cannot pay by the payment deadline?

OSU - The amount due on your statement becomes past due on the 11th of each month. Balances remaining on the 11th of the month will be assessed interest at the rates of 1 percent per month (12 percent APR) and may be subject to collection fees. If you are enrolled for the current term, you will be allowed to register for the following term only if your account balance does not exceed $2,200. If you are not currently enrolled, you must have your account balance paid in full in order to register. Requests for official transcripts will be denied until your account balance is paid in full.

When does the term start at OSU? When do I take finals?

OSU Academic Calendar

What if I get suspended from OSU, can I be in the Degree Partnership Program?

No - The DPP program is only for students in good academic standing at the university.  If you are suspended while in the program, your DPP status will be removed from your account and the community college will be notified.  The staff at the community college can assist you in meeting the requirement to be reinstated at OSU.  When you get reinstated to OSU, your DPP status will be added back to your OSU account and the community college will be notified that you have been reinstated to the DPP program.

Can I live on campus at OSU?

All admitted DPP students are eligible to live in a residence hall or cooperative house at OSU. You can find information on housing at: http://oregonstate.edu/uhds/.

Can I attend the community college and use the services at OSU?

Yes.  You can send a request to student accounts (accounts.receivable@oregonstate.edu) requesting to pay the student fees for services. Be sure to include your OSU ID number and Date of Birth.  You can also go to the Student Accounts in the lobby of the Kerr Administration building and make the request in person.  You must pay ALL mandatory fees at the full-time rate.  As of fall term 2012 this rate is $492.57.  These services included access to Student Health Services, Recreation Sports (Dixon Rec Center), Counseling and Psychological Services, Memorial Union programs and services and OSU Athletic events.

I heard there is a bus that goes between the LBCC and OSU main campuses, is that true?

Yes. The Linn-Benton Loop bus provides transportation between the two main campuses.  In addition, show OSU or LBCC ID card and your fare is covered (free).  You can find a link here to get more information and "The Loop" schedule. Click HERE is a video about the Loop Bus.    Be sure to consult the schedule to make sure you can make connections before registering for classes.

How do my credits get from the Partner school to OSU?

At the end of each term, the Registrar's office at each community college will send the transcripts for each DPP student to OSU.  The Admissions office at OSU will then review the transcripts and add the new courses to your OSU transcript. This process takes approximately one month after the end of each term.  (Blue Mt. Community College DPP students must request a transcript be sent to OSU at this time)  If it has been longer than one month after the term has been completed and you do not see the courses taken on your OSU transcript, please contact the DPP Student Services Manager for assistance.

Do I need to have myself removed from the DPP program when I am done at the Community College?

No.  It is recommended that you stay enrolled in the program.  Even if you do not take additional community college courses, it will not impact your academic record.  If you decide to complete courses at the community college later, this makes transferring credits to OSU much easier.  It also prevents you from having to reapply to the program.  Once your home school is declaired for OSU, you will continue to have OSU as your home school until you request that it is changed.

What is a "Reverse Transfer?"

Reverse Transfer is yet another benefit just for DPP students!

Oregon State University has partnered with Linn-Benton Community College to help identify and award Associate degrees to students that have completed the degree requirements but may be unaware of this achievement.

At the conclusion of week six each term, the OSU Registrar's office will send OSU transcripts for qualifying degree partnership program students to Linn-Benton. Linn-Benton will evaluate the course work to determine if requirements have been met for an Associate degree at LBCC. LBCC will contact eligible students. 

The transfer of records from OSU to LBCC will cease once a student has been awarded an Associate degree from LBCC or applied for their Baccalaureate degree from OSU. We know our students work hard and we wish to see them justly awarded for the degrees they have earned.

If you have questions or concerns about this process, you may contact:

LBCC: Jane Tillman, tillmaj@linnbenton.edu or call 541-917-4912

OSU Registrar's Office: registrars@oregonstate.edu or call 541-737-4331

Requirements and Admission

Apply, get admitted, and enroll in classes between multiple institutions with the Degree Partnership Program!

Apply Now Button Are you applying as a current or newly admitted OSU student? Click here for directions on how to apply!

Are you applying to the DPP as a new first-time college student or transfer student? Students use one application and pay one $60 fee. You will need to click on the "Apply Now" button to access the OSU Degree Partnership application. You'll need to click on the "First time user account creation" and follow the instructions.

For applcation deadlines and admission requirements, click here.

If you are a current OR new admitted OSU student, click here to apply and follow these directions:

1. Enter the web ID and Pin that you originally used to apply or create a new one if you forgot your original ID and Pin

2. Click the New link to create a new application or if you created a new web id the application list page will appear

3. In the Degree Partnership Program Applications section, choose the community college that you would like to add

4. Select the “Degree Partnership FOR CURRENTLY ADMITTED OR ENROLLED OSU STUDENTSapplication

5. Enter your ONID username and password to access the application*

6. Fill out the next section with your name and the term you wish to add the degree partnership

7. Select “Fill out application,” which will take you to the checklist page

8. When all sections are complete, submit the application (a red checkmark will indicate when a section is complete)

* If you are asked to fill out the Insight Resume and pay the application fee of $60, you are filling out the incorrect application.  You will need to back out and begin again, ensuring you have selected the “Degree Partnership FOR CURRENTLY ADMITTED OR ENROLLED OSU STUDENTS” application.

* If you have not yet set up your ONID account, Please go to http://onid.oregonstate.edu/ and click on the Sign up For ONID in the left side column.

Application Deadlines

Admission Requirements

Please see the chart below for DPP admission requirements.


First Year Students

Transfer Students

Grade Point Average

Minimum high school GPA of 3.0 or higher on a standard unweighted 4 point scale as calculated by the Office of Admissions at OSU.

Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.25 or higher for all previous college work.

Eligible to return to most recent college or university attended.


First year applicants must submit official Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American College Test (ACT) scores to the Office of Admissions at OSU.



College Preparatory Subjects:

English (4 years)

Mathematics (3 years) including 1st year algebra and 2 additional years culminating at algebra II or higher.

Social Studies (3 years) including U.S. History, 1 global studies, 1 social studies elective.

Science (3 years) at least 1 year each of two different sciences (biology, chemistry, physics, etc.). For example: 1 year biology and 2 years chemistry; or 1 year biology, 1 year chemistry, and 1 year physics. It is strongly recommended that one be a laboratory science course.

Successful completion of no less than 24 quarter (16 semester) graded, transferable credits.

English: College level writing beginning with WR 121 (Eng. Comp.) or higher with a grade of ‘C–‘ or above.

Foreign Language Requirement

Foreign Language (2 years) 2 years of the same high school level foreign language, or earning a grade of ‘C–‘ or higher in the third year of high school level foreign language, or completing two quarters of the same college-level foreign language, or earning a satisfactory score on an approved assessment of foreign language knowledge. Demonstrated proficiency in American Sign Language (ASL) is acceptable in meeting this requirement.

Applicants who have graduated from high school in Spring 1997 or later have to meet the same foreign language requirement for First Year Admission.

Residency Regulations

Residency for Tuition Purposes: Oregon State University makes residency determinations for students taking OSU courses based upon the rules outlined in Oregon Administrative Rule (OAR) 580-010-0030. The community college will make residency determinations for students taking community college courses based on different rules. Please note: both determinations are independent of one another and do not impact the partner institution's decision. For more information contact the admission office at the respective schools on the specific residency policy.

International Student Admission

International students (non-U.S. citizens or non-U.S. permanent residents) are eligible to participate in the DPP with the following schools: Linn-Benton CC and Portland CC.


First-Year Students

First-Year Student with College Credit

Transfer Students

Grade Point Average

Minimum high school GPA of 3.00

Minimum high school GPA of 3.00 and cumulative GPA of 2.5 for all postsecondary work completed abroad.

Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.25 for all credits completed at an accredited U.S. institution, and a 2.5 for any college level course work completed abroad.


Submit official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score. A minimum 527 (paper), or 71 (internet).

The SAT or ACT is waived for international undergraduate applicants.

Math Placement

Provide documentation of Math Placement recommendation from the CC partner school, OSU, or institution last attended.

Application Deadlines

OSU Term

Start Date of OSU Term

DPP Application Deadline
(3 weeks prior to start of OSU term)

Financial Aid
Application Deadlines

Fall 2015 September 24, 2015 September 7, 2015

February 1 is the deadline for scholarships in any term.

Individual departments may have different deadlines for departmental scholarships.

February 28 is the priority deadline for Federal financial aid.

Winter 2016 January 4, 2016 December 14, 2015
Spring 2016 March 28, 2016 March 7, 2016
Summer 2016 June 19, 2016  May 30, 2016

Additional academic calendar dates/deadlines: OSU Academic Calendars


Future term start/end dates: OUS Five-Year Calendar

To apply for DPP

  1. Go to http://oregonstate.edu/admissions/index.php, click on the Apply Now tab and log in.
  2. Select Degree Partnership Program Applications and the community college partner.
  3. Select the application status that best fits you. If you have already been admitted to OSU, select the link Degree Partnership for Current OSU Students link.


Registering for your first term at OSU

As a DPP student, you have been admitted to one (or more) community college partner(s) and OSU, and are eligible for dual enrollment at both schools.

When a degree partnership student wants to register for the first time for classes at OSU, there are several things to do and persons to check with to make sure registration goes smoothly.

If you have not registered for an OSU course before, the information below will help you register easily and successfully.

How do I know whether I am eligible to register?

Degree partnership students are eligible to register at OSU once they are accepted into the degree partnership program. As a degree partnership student, you remain eligible to register at OSU from your term of admission through the next ten terms (including summer terms), even if you do not actually register for classes.

If you have not registered for classes at OSU within 10 terms, you will need to reapply for the degree partnership program through Admissions.  If you have taken classes at OSU but have not taken classes in more than 10 terms at OSU, you will need to contact the OSU Registrar's office to be readmitted. 

What should I do before I register?

The most important thing to do before you try to register for a class is to contact the OSU advisor for your major. The advisor (or head advisor's office for your college) will provide you with essential advising assistance, and will also give you a registration PIN (Personal Identification Number).

Your advisor will give you your registration PIN once all your academic advising is complete. The registration PIN is necessary for you to register at OSU. When you log in to your account on the OSU website and access the online registration page, you will be asked for the registration PIN. If you do not enter it, you cannot register for classes.

You should call the advisor for the OSU college and major that you are pursuing or interested in. Students who have not declared a major should contact the advisor for the University Exploratory Studies Program on dual enrollment. Your advisor will help you with academic questions and advice. It is strongly recommended that you meet with your advisor(s) at least once per term.

Head advisors are listed in the Schedule of Classes (SOC).

If you are a DPP student with LBCC and need a prerequisite overide, please click here and complete the form and upload your transcripts to the LBCC Registration office.  They will then assist you in getting overides for the classes you are interested in.

When can I register for classes?

Registration for classes at OSU follows a priority schedule. Please check the priority schedule to see when you can register for classes.

The priority registration schedule starts during the last month of the previous term. The priority schedule is based on class standing (e.g., seniors, juniors, sophomores, freshmen) and first letter of your last name.

How do I register for classes?

You can register through the online registration page on the OSU web site. From the OSU home page, log in to your account by clicking on Online Services (top of page).

The web site includes instructions for registration. Remember, you will need your registration PIN from your advisor before you can register at OSU for the first time.

New students to OSU can register during an OSU START session, or at OSU CONNECT. Contact New Student Programs and Family Outreach for more information, either at 541-737-7627. New Student Programs also has great information for OSU students on all aspects of student academic life and orientation.


Make sure you are taking courses that will apply toward your major at OSU. In order to do this, work with your OSU Academic Advisor, even if you are taking your courses at your community college!

Current OSU Student

Transfer Advising

Prospective First-Year


OSU Catalog & Schedule of Classes

OSU Registrar (Registration Information)

Dual Enrollment and Articulation Agreements

Summer Session Resoruses for Advisors

DPP Advising for First-Time Prospective DPP Students

Welcome prospective first-year students! If you are eligible to apply and be admitted to OSU, then you are eligible to be in the DPP program. Requirements can be found here.

Before registering for any classes, it is essential that you know what courses you need to take for your degree at OSU. If you are a new or currently admitted OSU student, you must attend a START orientation program before you enroll in courses. If you will be admitted as a distance degree student, you will need to complete the Ecampus Online Oreintation program. International students should contact International Student and Faculty Services (ISFS) at 541-737-6310.

Advising Resources:

1: Understand OSU's academic structure!
2: If you have college credits you are transferring in, determine how they may transfer:

3: Now see how the credits count towards your OSU degree or learn general information about academic requirements:

4: To find out how your OSU courses will count at your future partner school, use our Course Articulation Guides!

5: Follow-Up:If you have any questions, contact us or contact a Head Advisors at OSU

Want to take all of your courses at your partner school? No problem!

You have 10 terms before you need to start taking classes at OSU. It is important to know that in order to get locked into a set of OSU Catalog Requirements for a specific major, students need to take at least one OSU class. DPP students may want to consider taking an OSU class online or on campus in order to get locked into a set of catalog requirements for their major.

Have any questions?  Contact us!

Additional resources:

OSU Catalog & Schedule of Classes

OSU Registrar (Registration Information)

Dual Enrollment and Articulation Agreements

Summer Session Resoruses for Advisors

New and Current OSU DPP Students

Before registering for classes at your partner community college, it is essential that you know what courses you need to take for your degree at OSU. If you are a new or currently admitted OSU student, you must attend a START orientation program before you enroll in courses. If you are a distance degree student, you will need to complete the Ecampus Online Oreintation program. International students should contact International Student and Faculty Services (ISFS) at 541-737-6310.



1. Find your Head Advisors at OSU

2. Understand your required OSU degree components 

3. Click here to see find your major requirements and click here for all minor requirements.

4. For important academic information and deadlines, view our OSU Academic Calendar.



Once you know what courses you need to take for your OSU degree, begin determining which of those courses you can take at your partner school using our Transfer Information & Articulation Tables A-Z guides or our Baccalaureate Core Equivalency Guide.

For important academic information and deadlines, view our OSU Academic Calendar!

Need help registering for classes at your partner school? Have any other DPP questions? Contact us!

Transfer Advising

Transfer credits:

Transferring from one institution to another is not easy! Many students want to know, HOW WILL MY CREDITS TRANSFER AND COUNT TOWARDS MY OSU DEGREE? Here at OSU, we do not officially articulate transfer credits (show how each transfer credit transfers into OSU and how they count towards your degree) until a student has applied, been admitted, and let OSU know they are coming to OSU!

We do, however, have tools you can use to get an idea of how your credits will transfer and count towards your desired OSU degree. Follow these steps below:

Make sure to have transcripts from each college or university you have attended with you for this process!

Step 1: Understand OSU's academic structure!
Step 2: Determine how your credits transfer

Step 3: Now see how the credits count towards your OSU degree!

Step 4: Follow-Up:If you have any questions, contact us or contact a Head Advisors at OSU.

There are many benefits to transferring to OSU through DPP. Once you are admitted, (even if you are not taking classes at OSU right away), your credits will be automatically sent to OSU each term and you can see how your credits transfer and count towards your degree! Also, you will have access to your OSU advisor on a regular basis.

Transfer guides:

Degree Partnership Orientation

Transition to OSU: Fall Term

Be sure to take advantage of OSU's three-step approach to welcoming and orienting new students who enter fall term.

1st step: You will receive information about participating in START, the summer registration and advising program required of all new students. START is a great way to learn about Oregon State and the OSU student experience. Prior to registering for you first term classes, you must attend a START orientation program.  If you are a distance degree student, you will need to complete the Ecampus Online Oreintation program.

2nd step: OSU CONNECT is a five-day orientation program to help you adjust to OSU life during the first few days on campus. The week includes over 200 academic and social programs where you’ll have the opportunity to meet and interact with other new and current students in addition to faculty and staff.

3rd step: U-ENGAGE is a 2-credit course that helps you investigate an academic area of interest, as well as learn more about OSU. In a smaller class environment, you will join other new students who share an interest in exploring a particular academic area. Additionally, you will gain an understanding of campus resources and explore the tips and habits of highly successful students.

You may also choose to register at a make up START session during OSU CONNECT, the week before classes begin.

Transition to OSU: Winter and Spring Terms

Partner School Orientations

Each DPP partner school may approach orientation differently. Below are the specifics of OSU’s partner schools.

Clackamas Community College

Freshman Students: Student intending to take CCC course work during their first year in college should attend a New Student Advising Session for registration information and course selection assistance. These sessions occur prior to registration for each term. For more information, and to sign up for a session, please visit http://www2.clackamas.edu/nsa/. If you have questions, please contact advising@clackamas.edu.

Students with more than 30 earned college credits: Students should schedule an appointment prior to registration at CCC with an academic advisor. For advisor locations and contact information, please visit http://depts.clackamas.edu/advising.

Lane Community College (LCC)

If you are beginning credit classes please link to the Steps to Enroll in Credit Classes at the Apply and Enroll link in the upper left hand corner of Lane's website at http://www.lanecc.edu.  This will lead you to the Steps to Enroll for Prior College and First Time in College Students at http://www.lanecc.edu/counseling/steps-enroll

For more information write to AskLane@lanecc.edu

Linn-Benton Community College (LBCC)

Orientation is required for dual enrollment students at LBCC and OSU the first term of attendance at each institution. When you are admitted to the Degree Partnership Program, you will be notified of student orientation times and dates for the upcoming quarter. You should plan to attend orientation just prior to enrolling in each school. For dates and times contact: Nancy Morrill, LBCC Admissions Office, 541-917-4811

Students Attending LBCC for the First Time - All Quarters

A new student orientation is offered all quarters. Call 541-917-4811 for time and date.

Portland Community College (PCC)

Contact the PCC Admissions Office, 971-722-8888 (option 2), to schedule your new student orientation.
Toll free number for PCC 866-922-1010 (option 1, then option 2)

Financial Aid

Upon acceptance to the Degree Partnership Program (DPP), students are eligible to enroll in courses at both partner schools, and financial aid eligibility is based on the sum of OSU credits plus qualifying credits at the partner institution.

Here is a video produced by Linn Benton Community College that explains DPP and the financial aid process:

Step #1: Apply for admission to a specific degree partnership program through the OSU Office of Admissions.

Step #2: Upon admission to a specific program, the OSU Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will contact admitted students via e-mail with information on the financial aid process.

Step #3: Students will determine which partner institution will be the financial aid provider (home school), based on specific program criteria.

Home School Credit Hour Requirements:  Each community college and OSU have credit hour minimums required to process financial aid as the home institution.  Below is a list of the credit hour requirements.

1 Credit/1 Course 6 Credits Aid at OSU ONLY
Oregon State University                Blue Mountain CC Lane CC
Chemeketa CC Columbia Gorge CC Central Oregon CC                     
Clatsop CC Oregon Coast CC  
Clackamas CC Portland CC  
Klamath CC Southwestern Oregon CC                  
Linn-Benton CC Tillamook Bay CC  
Umpqua CC Hawai'i CC  
  Kapi'olani CC  
  Maui College  

For information on financial aid for specific degree partnership programs, please use the links below:

OSU/Chemeketa Community College

OSU/Clatsop Community College 

OSU/Columbia Gorge Community College

OSU/Lane Community College

OSU/Linn-Benton Community College

OSU/Oregon Coast Community College (supported by Portland Community College) 

OSU/Portland Community College

OSU/Southwestern Oregon Community College

OSU/Tillamook Bay Community College

OSU/Umpqua Community College

Degree Partnership Program FAQ's

DPP Contacts

OSU's DPP Partners

Current Community College Partners (now taking applications):

Signed Community College Partners (pending program implementation):

OSU Extended Campus (Ecampus)

OSU Extended Campus (Ecampus)

Degree Partnership Students may also take OSU courses using distance education technologies. Visit the OSU Extended Campus (Ecampus) Web site for further information.