Assigned Allowable Space Report
- Assigned Allowable Space Report: Assigned Space of academic units is compared with space allowed by OSU standards. This report is updated as changes are made to space assignments, and annually with classroom and staff changes.
- Assigned Allowable Space Report Methodology: Description of how the Assigned Allowable Space Report is compiled.
Guidelines for Space Allocation/Moving
- Space Allocation Model: The Space Allocation Model is the process in which a request for space will be evaluated.
- OSU Move Procedures: Details to assist units moving in and around campus
Guidelines for Space Standards
- Office Space Standards: The office space standards will be compared with a Unit's assigned office space to determine if there is a surplus or deficit of space. These standards are applied when a unit submits a request for space.
Class Laboratory Standards: Methodology included in detail
- Class and Research Lab Standards by OSU Unit: Factors used in Assigned Allowable Space Report
- Policy to Maintain Sufficient Instructional Space for University Use
- Guidelines for Office and Laboratory Space for non-OSU funded faculty and staff: This document delineates guidelines for cases when office, laboratory and storage space are assigned to faculty and staff who do not receive OSU state-funded salaries
Processes and Forms
- The Request for Space Process Diagram provides a flowchart of the process for space reallocation when a Request for Space is received. All Requests for Space are submitted to Facilities Services.
- Request for Space: Submit the form to Facilities Services. Campus Planning staff will contact the unit notifying them that the request for space has been received.
- Every effort will be made to expedite the requests for space.
- Requests involving multiple units may take longer than those involving a single unit.
- If the recommended outcome meets the needs of the requesting party and is agreed to by other affected units, approval of the recommendation is automatic. Should the University Space Committee make a recommendation that is not accepted, then the Provost and Vice President will have final approving authority.
Classroom Space Committee - The Classroom Committee, a sub-committee of the University Space Committee, was formed to develop processes and procedures for the scheduling of and improvements to University (General Purpose) classrooms.
The membership of this committee is determined by the University Space Committee in consultation with the Faculty Senate Executive Committee. The Center for Teaching and Learning, Registrar's Office, Disability Access Services and the Associated Student Body of OSU will have ongoing representation and will also usually serve on the University Space Committee.
Classroom Committee Report 4/11/12
Click here for a list of the Classroom Committee Members
Questions about the process for requesting space can be directed to Jean Duffett at email@example.com in Capital Planning and Development. Early contact is encouraged and is especially important when mulitple units are involved and whenever large projects are being considered.