OreCal Issues Briefs:
- Could a calorie tax or cuts in farm subsidies reduce obesity? (Alston et al) pdf
- What would happen if the Conservation Reserve Program were reduced? (Wu & Weber) pdf
- What Happens to Exports as Domestic Agricultural Policy Changes? (Reimer) pdf
- How Do Alternative Designs of Payments for Ecosystem Services Affect Different Interest Groups? (Wu) pdf
- What is the Role of Crop Insurance for "Specialty" Crops? (Lee and Sumner) pdf
- How does the Food Safety Modernization Act Affect Farms and Food Marketing Firms? (Bovay and Sumner) pdf
- How Does Domestic Food Assistance Affect Rural and Urban Household Incomes? (Weber and Lewin) pdf
Selected Recent Publications by OreCal Researchers:
- Alston, J.M. "Efficiency of Income Transfers to Farmers through Public Agricultural Research—Theory and Evidence from the United States." American Journal of Agricultural Economics91(5) (December 2009): 1281-1288. pdf
- Antle, J.M. "Asymmetry, Partial Moments and Production Risk." American Journal of Agricultural Economics 92 (2010):1294-1309. pdf
- Antle, J.M. and S.M. Capalbo "Adaptation of Agricultural and Food Systems to Climate Change: An Economic and Policy Perspective." Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy 32 (2010):386-416. pdf
- Buccola, S., C. Li, and J. Reimer. Minimum Wages, Immigration Control, and Agricultural Labor Supply, American Journal of Agricultural Economics 94(2) (2012): 464-470. pdf
- Castle, E.N., J. Wu and B. Weber, “Place Orientation and Rural-urban Interdependence,” Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy 33(2) (Summer 2011): 179-204. pdf
- Chen, Y. and B. Weber, “Federal Policy, Rural Community Growth, and Wealth Creation: The Impact of the Federal Forest Policy and Rural Development Spending in the Pacific Northwest” American Journal of Agricultural Economics. 94(2):542-548. January 2012. article
- Langpap, C., and J. Wu. “Potential Environmental Impacts of Increased Reliance on Corn-Based Bioenergy.” Environmental and Resource Economics: 49(2011): 147-171.pdf
- Lee, H., J. Huang, S. Rozelle, and D.A. Sumner. "Wine Markets in China: Assessing the Potential with Supermarket Survey Data." Journal of Wine Economics 4(1) (2009):94-113.
- Okrent, A. and J.M. Alston. “The Effects of Farm Commodity and Retail Food Policies on Obesity and Economic Welfare in the United States.” American Journal of Agricultural Economics 94(1) (February 2012): 611-646. pdf
- Reimer, J. The Domestic Content of Imports and the Foreign Content of Exports, International Review of Economics and Finance 20 (2011): 173-184. pdf
- Rickard, B.J., A.M. Okrent, and J.M. Alston. “How Have Agricultural Policies Influenced Calorie Consumption and Obesity in the United States?” Health Economics (2012): in press.
- Sumner, D.A., J.M. Alston, and J.W. Glauber. "Evolution of the Economics of Agricultural Policy." American Journal of Agricultural Economics 92(2) (April 2010): 403-423.
- Sumner, D.A., W.A. Matthews, J.A. Mench, and J.T.R. Molina. "The Economics of Regulations on Hen Housing in California." Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics 42(3) (2010):429-438.
- Weber, B., “Rural Poverty: Why Should States Care and What Can State Policy Do?” Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Vol. 37(1): 48-52, 2007. pdf
- Wu, J., M. Fisher, and U. Pascual. “Urbanization and the Viability of Local Agricultural Economies.” Land Economics 87(February 2011): 109-125. pdf
- Wu, JunJie, and Haixia Lin. “The Effect of the Conservation Reserve Program on Land Values.” Land Economics 86(February 2010): 1-21. pdf