- About OrB
- OSU GMO lectures
- Study Guides
- OSU edu
Green Revolution 2.0: making it work for hunger and poverty reduction in the developing world
Green Revolution 2.0: Making it work for hunger and poverty reduction in the developing world
Deputy Director of Agricultural Development at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Prabhu Pingali explores the need for a second technological revolution in agriculture.
7:00p Thursday 24 January 2013, OSU's LaSells Stewart Center
Prabhu Pingali, Deputy Director of Agricultural Development at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, provides a retrospective view on the first Green Revolution in agricultural technology, including its achievements and limitations in increasing global food supply and reducing poverty. He then explores the challenges of a Green Revolution 2.0, which he argues is urgently needed for sustainably feeding the world and enhancing the prosperity of smallholder farmers.
- Prabhu Pingali bibliographic summary
- Lecture intro by OrB director Steve Strauss
- lecture slides for Green Revolution 2.0, Public lecture
- The bottom line - A synopsis of the main lecture
- Streaming video of the full length lecture
- Prabhu Pingali post-lecture Q & A
- lecture slides for Agricultural Policy Portfolio of the Gates Foundation, OSU lecture
- Study Guide (pdf)
"The Agricultural Policy Portfolio of the Gates Foundation"
This lecture is for students and faculty interested in more technical aspects of Gates foundation Agricultural policy. At noon, Jan. 24, Ballard Extension Hall 220C, Oregon State University Campus.