- About Our Office
- Vision & Initiatives
- Multicultural Resource Guide
Student Complaint Procedures
INFORMAL COMPLAINT PROCEDURES
- The complainant completes the Complaint of Discrimination or Harassment form (.pdf); the Office of Equity and Inclusion (OEI) advises the complainant of her/his rights to file with state and/or federal agencies.
- The OEI may notify the appropriate administrator, dean, or director that an informal complaint has been initiated.
- The OEI contacts the individual/entity (respondent) accused of discrimination to discuss the alleged harmful act.
- The OEI develops a proposed resolution, if appropriate, within fifteen (15) calendar days of acceptance of the informal complaint. If appropriate, the complainant is advised that she/he may file a formal complaint.
- The OEI may notify the appropriate administrator, dean, or director of the final status of the complaint.
- Informal complaints must be filed within 180 days of the most recent alleged harmful act; or within 365 days for sexual harassment.
FORMAL COMPLAINT PROCEDURES
- The complainant completes the Complaint of Discrimination or Harassment form (.pdf). The complaint must be filed within 180 days of the alleged harmful act, or within 365 days if the complaint alleges sexual harassment.
- The OEI acknowledges in writing the receipt of the formal complaint; the letter includes information on the complainant's right to file with state and/or federal agencies. Copies of the letter are sent to the respondent, the appropriate administrator, dean or director, the University legal advisor, and the Chancellor of the Oregon University System.
- The OEI conducts a thorough investigation of the complaint.
- Within thirty (30) calendar days of the receipt of the formal complaint, the OEI shall inform the complainant and all persons copied in #2 above of the final status and a resolution, where appropriate. The 30-day period may be extended for an additional 30 days with the approval of the Chancellor. The letter of determination identifies the available appeal Procedures for the complaint.
Applicable Board Rules are found in Chapter 580 of the Oregon Administrative Rules.
Additional resources for students include, but are not limited to: