- Research & Reports
- Multicultural Resource Guide
Thank you for your interest in becoming a PROMISE Program Sponsor! Sponsors are a crucial part of our program and contribute greatly to the success and experiences of the interns. Many of our sponsors have developed long-term working relationships with their interns. We ask that sponsors have a specific project that the intern can complete over the course of the 10-week program and that they support the intern's participation in weekly professional development workshops and activities. Please also consider the following guidelines, which are designed to assist you in completing the application form to ensure that your goals, as well as the program’s and the students’ goals are achieved. We are looking for:
- Practical substantive experiences to enhance the students’ learning and growth potential
- Projects where the intern’s responsibilities are clearly outlined
- Projects that will provide a challenging learning experience with a reasonable opportunity for success
- Projects with well-written descriptions and concise objectives
- Project outcomes that are achievable within the 10-week program
- Indications that a specific employee will be responsible for mentoring and supervising the intern
- Evidence that periodic and final evaluations will occur
- Support from the sponsor for the intern to participate in required developmental opportunities designed and hosted by the program on the OSU campus
The intern should not be used as a “go fer” or as a member of the clerical staff. Please contact Roni Sue if you have any questions about the suitability of a project.
Thank you for your interest, the deadline for submissions was April 5th, 2013.