- About Our Office
- Vision & Initiatives
Oregon State University’s Office of Equity and Inclusion seeks an Office Coordinator.
The Office of Equity and Inclusion invites applications for a full-time (1.0 FTE), 12-month, fixed-term Office Coordinator position. The Office Coordinator provides confidential executive support to the Executive Director and Interim Associate Director for Equity and Inclusion and confidential, operational, and general administrative support to other staff in the Office of Equity and Inclusion.
The Office Coordinator works with the Interim Associate Director to ensure the smooth and efficient daily operations of the office and the effective coordination of activities and programs.
This position also contributes to the Office of Equity and Inclusion's commitment to fostering and promoting diversity in order to create and maintain an inclusive, supportive, and safe environment for all students, faculty, and staff. Understanding of and sensitivity to individual and community differences is paramount to the effectiveness of the office.
- Commitment to diversity and to creating inclusive and respectful environments
Combination of education and administrative or other work experience that demonstrates the ability to:
- Handle highly sensitive and extremely confidential material/information
- Interface professionally with people at all levels within a complex environment
- Provide exceptional customer service both in person and by phone, with a wide array of diverse customers, clients, stakeholders, and leaders
- Respond effectively to people who are upset or in crisis
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Be consistently productive with a variety of tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Exercise sound judgment and proactively problem-solve
- Plan and prioritize simultaneous projects
- Respond with flexibility to urgent or unexpected requests
- Work both independently and collaboratively
- Manage complex scheduling needs
Proven skill in:
- Standard office software and web-based applications
- Experience working with, editing, or creating relational databases
- Multilingual and/or multicultural with a preference for languages/cultures that are increasingly represented at OSU, such as Spanish/Latin-American, Mandarin Chinese, Vietnamese, Arabic, and Deaf Culture/American Sign Language
- Education, training, or experience that broadens the range of perspectives currently represented in the office
- Demonstrated ability to network, engage in outreach, and build community
- Advanced word processing skills
Salary and Benefits
The recommended full-time salary range for this position is $46,600-$79,300. Salary within this range will be commensurate with education and experience. OSU offers a cafeteria-style insurance benefits program for employees, spouses/domestic partners, and immediate family members, including health, dental, life, disability, and long-term care insurance options, a generous employee retirement program, and reduced university tuition for employees/partners/families (some restrictions apply). This is a fixed-term 12-month professional faculty position, and (like most fixed-term positions at the university) is renewable at the discretion of the hiring official.
The Office of Equity and Inclusion is a newly formed office that represents a university initiative to integrate the work of three formerly separate offices: Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity, Community and Diversity, and Women’s Advancement and Gender Equity. The office is committed to success for the entire campus community through equity, fairness, and understanding. We are a fast-paced, collaborative team with a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our office manages the university’s affirmative action, equal opportunity, and diversity efforts by engaging in community development, partnering with a range of individuals and groups to develop and deliver programs, establishing policies and procedures, evaluating hiring and recruitment practices, handling complaints of discrimination through investigation and resolution, and providing consultation, education, and training. The Office of Equity and Inclusion supports and provides opportunities for all staff members to participate in professional development. Learn more about us.
University & Community
OSU is one of only two U.S. universities designated a land-, sea-, space- and sun-grant institution. OSU is also Oregon’s only university to hold both the Carnegie Foundation’s top designation for research institutions and its prestigious Community Engagement classification. Its over 26,000 students come from all 50 states and more than 100 countries. OSU programs touch every county within Oregon, and its faculty teach and conduct research on issues of national and global importance. The university has an institution-wide commitment to diversity, multiculturalism, and community. We actively engage in recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and student body that include members of historically underrepresented groups. We strive to build and sustain a welcoming and supportive campus environment. OSU provides outstanding leadership opportunities for people interested in promoting and enhancing diversity, nurturing creativity, and building community. Learn more about Oregon State University.
For full position description and application instructions, go to Employment Opportunities at Oregon State University, Posting #0011677. To ensure full consideration, please complete your online application by 01/05/2014. The final closing date for this position is 01/17/2014. A complete online application consists of
- applicant profile
- application letter describing your interest in and qualifications for this position (please specifically address each of the required qualifications in your application materials.)
- names and contact information for three or more references
- response to posting specific questions
For questions or other information, please contact the OSU Office of Equity and Inclusion at 541-737-3556.
Oregon State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a policy of being responsive to the needs of dual-career couples.