Winter Term Orientation is for any new students whose first term at OSU will be Winter 2014. At Orientation you will learn about valuable resources available to you at OSU, recieve academic advising, and register for Winter term classes.
Winter Term 2014 is now over.
If you did not attend a Winter Term Orientation and still need to register for winter term classes you will need to contact your major/college's advising office directly.
If you do not know your college or major you can look here or call New Student Programs & Family Outreach at 541-737-7627.
Preparing For Your Orientation Session
To better prepare for your session please we ask that you do the following before you come to campus:
Watch the following class registration tutorials:
- STUDENT ON-LINE SERVICES LOGIN AND MENU TOUR: (Run time 3:05 minutes) Illustrates the procedure for logging into the Student Online Services, establishing a GAP (General Access PIN) number, and establishing a security question & answer. A brief tour of some of the most commonly used menu options in the Student Online Services is provided.
- ADD A COURSE VIDEO: (Run time 2:12 minutes) Describes the procedures for accessing the registration menu of the Student Online Services, searching for courses from within your registration, submitting your request to register for a course, and how to confirm your registration in the course.
- DROP A COURSE VIDEO: (Run time 37 seconds) Describes the procedures for accessing the registration menu of the Student Online Services, locating your currently registered courses, submitting your request to drop a course, and how to confirm that you have dropped the intended course.
- WAIT LIST VIDEO: (Run time 2:44 minutes) Describes the procedures for accessing the registration menu of the Student Online Services, searching for courses from within your registration, identifying a course with wait listing available, submitting your request to wait list a course, and how to confirm that you are on the wait list for the course.
Set up your OSU email account, also known as ONID:
- Visit the Set-Up Page
- Log-in with your Student ID number and your GAP (General Access Pin). **Note** Your GAP is initially set to your birth date, in the format MMDDYY. You will then be asked to choose a new GAP. Please make sure this is a number that is easy for you to remember!
- It will then ask you to agree to the "Acceptable Use Policy."
- You will then be asked to create your ONID password. Again, make sure this is a password that is easy for you to remember.
- Lastly, you will establish your e-mail and spam options.
Things to Bring
- A copy of your final transcripts
- A copy of your SAT/ACT scores if available
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Government Issued Photo ID (driver's license, military ID, passport) this will be required to pick up your OSU ID
- Upload a picture for your OSU ID Card. Please visit http://mycard.oregonstate.edu/ for directions on how to complete this.
- Ensure final transcripts are sent to the Office of Admissions, Oregon State University, 104 Kerr Administration Building, Corvallis, Oregon 97331-2106.
- Print a copy of your Term Orientation confirmation and parking pass from the same website you registered for the program.
- Submit required immunization Documentation & medical history form.Although a prior medical examination is not required of entering students, a medical history summary with proof of current measles, mumps, and rubella immunization must be submitted to Student Health Services. You may submit this information online and more information can be found here.
- Activate your student billing account. All tutition bills and statements are issued electonically and can be accessed here. We do not mail out bills. At this website you can also add authorized user to make payments